“Hairball in shower” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 87 Hotels in Lake George
Corning, New York
“Hairball in shower”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

I stayed here with my 2 sons following a backpacking trip. Thought I would be happy with a shower and place to sleep. The room smelled moldy. I could get past that as it was a cheap motel ($95/night). However, I was very disappointed to find the shower had not been cleaned. In addition to the leftover shampoo and soap, the drain was clogged with a large hairball. The experience made me fearful of bed bugs so we washed all clothing in hot water when we got home. The front desk person said this happened the previous week also. She offered me a 20% discount on our NEXT stay. I explained that I was paying for a clean bed and shower THIS visit and that I would not plan on staying there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

We have stayed in many hotels but this has to be the worst. Poor service. Dirty room. Black mould on shower curtain...came off onto white facecloth. Badly crusty stained blanket! Had to request clean one. Services very limited. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Mont Clare
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

After driving for most of the day I needed BASIC overnight accommodations and I called ahead and reserved a room at the Super 8.Lake George/Warensburg. What I got was a very clean and fresh bathroom, a comfortable bed and a modern flat screen TV. And... a really reliable wireless internet connection. ALL GOOD!

I would have made excuses for a musty smell or pathetic front desk staff, but that was not the case. I got all the basics - all that I needed and no need for excuses because I didn't spend a lot of money. The staff was professional and friendly and the room was comfortable. A couple spots on the carpet wasn't enough to put me off. The place is not perfect, but it's well maintained. Dog friendly, too!

I guess what really made the visit was the spotless bathroom. It smelled clean the minute I walked in the room and there were no surprises and no bugs. There was plenty of hot water and everything worked the way it was supposed to. The heater worked well at night and the A/C worked well during the day. Everything worked perfectly.

The wireless connection for the internet was fast and reliable and that is saying a lot since I was almost the last room on the end. I've paid DOUBLE for a room and not been able to get anything from the WiFi. I didn't have to sit in the lobby next to the router to go online!

If you're traveling on the Interstate and you need a CLEAN and COMFORTABLE room that doesn't cost a lot, the Super 8 Lake George/Warrensburg is right off Exit 23.

I'll be coming back to this place because It's clean and comfortable!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Upstate, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2011

This hotel was both well priced and a convienient location right on rt 28. My only complaint was that the bed was way too firm for my taste but I survived. The 2nd floor haal did smell of smoke but our room was fine.

I got a great price on-line and it was well worth and exceeded what I paid.

If you stay here and have time for Dinner go to a pub just down the road galled George Henry's and have a burger-you will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank shaff01
Newark, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

Hotel was definitely worth the price I paid on Hotels.com but the non-smoking rooms reeked of smoke even though the second floor is the smoking floor. Smoke drifts through the vents of the hotel and the entire hotel smells of smoke. Only stayed one night and that was all I could have taken. It's a shame because the hotel was clean and in a good location. they shouldn't allow smoking in the hotel. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends