“Wonderful accommodations and staff”

Clarion Inn & Suites
Ranked #17 of 88 Hotels in Lake George
Ottawa, Canada
“Wonderful accommodations and staff”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Staff were welcoming. Room was spotless. Location was excellent. Loved the ground floor right next to the outlet shopping with chairs outside the room. We were pleasantly surprised as we did not expect to have such a nice facility for a last minute stay. We generally stay at more upscale hotels but this place did not disappoint, in fact it was far superior to many of the more expensive hotels. Kudos to the staff. I generally do not remember names but Tim at the desk stood out as did the girl with the long dark hair that initially served us. Thank you! We will return.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We booked this on a whim just driving by. Otherstalk about 2 room suites, but for $150.00 we got a very small room with a queen bed and an uncomfortable couch. The bathroom was even smaller. The room was reasonably clean, but the halls and grounds were not. They have a shared parking lot with outlet malls, so some of the trash may have been from there. The check in staff was excellent and helpful. There are no elevators to the second floor and the steps are both quite steep and narrow.

Our A/C unit vibrated and rattled all night regardless of what we did to it. It made sleep very dificult at best and neither of us rested well. We told the desk staff at check out and it seemed as if they didn't care.

We stay at Choice Hotels often and this is one of the worst facilities that we have had coast to coast. We would sleep in the car rather than stay here again.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
NY420AB, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
We are deeply sorry to hear of your unpleasant stay at our property. We certainly try to accommodate our guests to the best of our ability and to prove our commitment to a quality stay. Any maintenance issue which we are made aware of is taken very seriously and I appreciate you bringing the above to our attention.
If you’re ever in the area I encourage you to try us once again. I would love to chance to prove to you why we are a gold award winning property.

Management
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2012

From past experiences on hotel stays in this region, I wasn't expecting much. Hotels in the Lake George region are usually overpriced and quite old and frankly, pretty crusty.....so imagine my surprise when i opened the door to the 2 bedroom suite and saw an amazing, clean, and new room before my eyes. It was so clean. The staff super accomodating. I needed a late checkout and was granted one with no extra charge. The breakfast that was included was a few steps above a continental breakfast. There were waffles, toast,english muffins...etc...lots of choices...
Overall I would rate this hotel very high....4 out of 5 stars. The rooms were spacious, clean. The staff friendly,curteous.I will absolutely stay at this hotel again for my next visit to Lake George!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank nathalie v
Suffern, New York
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We just got back from a vacation and spent 2 nights in the Clarion at lake George.
The front desk went out of their way to service us, taking us to the room and showing us our accomodations-Katlyn was excellent-taking us on a tour and showing us the fitness center and the pool and explaining our questions. You would think we were buying the place,that's how thoughtful the service was.
Not only upon arrival,but even at breakfast the next morning,Kim,went out of her way to meet my dietary needs and show me wrappers so I could count calories-all for a continental breakfast of danishes, warm food as well-
The hotel is clean, and the service was a cut above other hotels we have visited on our trips.
among the names of others at the front desk was Christina who took the time to explain about events and places to visit of interest. She even downloaded a trip mapquest route and handed it to me as I was talking to someone else. I couldnt believe how thoughtful.
When we left, Joanne at the front desk really wanted to know if all was OK and how they could better serve us. Most front desk pp do not take the time to listen. It was busy and still they all had time for our questions and didnt stop until we were happy
We will list this place as a YES the next time we are in the area.
Thanks

Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We stayed at the Clarion Inn & Suites as a quick stop in Lake George. Normally we are a 4-5 star hotel family. I was very pleasantly surprised when I arrived in my 2 bedroom suite at this hotel. The hotel was very clean, the rooms were spacious, including the bathroom, and the beds were comfortable. For a hotel at this price point, this hotel is a fabulous value. My only negative would be breakfast. The breakfast room is very small, dark and crowded. Yes breakfast is free, but we passed on it, and instead went for breakfast at the restaurant in front of the hotel.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the Lake George area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LisaDaveR
We are so happy you made the decision to stay with us and had the chance to see how great our two bedroom suites are! They are perfect for families and provide a spacious setting to enjoy a comfortable stay for you and your family. It's nice to hear you had taken the opportunity to visit our restaurant out front for breakfast. It's a nice option for families who are looking for something different.

Thank you and hope to see you in the near future!
Management