All reviews paddle boats private beach heated pool within walking distance root beer next year sundae rent kayaks lounge chairs perfect location plenty of chairs nice resort lake area front office two queen beds great view of the lake canada street
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Marine Village Resort has the best location in Lake George. The resort is just a short walk to all of the restaurants and shops. The pool area is very spacious with a lot of seating. The beach is very nice with docks that you are able to fish right off of. We will most definitely be returning this summer!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 266Caitlin
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We just got back from staying in Lake George for the Elvis Festival. This motel is certainly setup for their customers ! Besides the beautiful view of the lake and mountains you are close to all the activities in town. Your car will just sit in the parking lot - save $$ on gas. The pool was lovely and what a nice surprise to see such a large patio with grills for everybody to use. Grill utensils were also there ! We decided that it was such a nice view from the patio that you can't get from most restaurants to cook our own steak dinner! I had brought wine with me so instead of a $150 dinner we had a fabulous steak dinner for two for only $30. Now thats a deal! Lakeside dining at it's best! Next to us was another large family doing a lobster dinner on the grills. The staff was very friendly planting all sorts of flowers around the pool area. Our room was very clean and beds were comfortable. If you want to save $$ on gas and food - this is the place to be!

Room Tip: There were rooms that were larger if you have more than 4 people that overlook the lake.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kjcraig
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Just came back from a stay at this motel. I stayed for 1 night in a "pool view" room with 2 queen beds. The motel is well located right downtown and within walking distance to the bars & restaurants. The checkin was quick and the service was polite. I got a room was was listed as having a pool view, but that wasn't the case. The motel has two long buildings and a pool area between them towards the end where the lake is and the rest of the space is parking lots. I could not see the pool from where I was, but that didn't really bother me.

The pool area is nice, it has a heated pool and a large patio area with tables and BBQs people can use. The atmosphere was good and mostly families with young kids.

The room itself was clean but pretty basic. The washroom had a shower in the tub but the water temperature kept changing, which I assume is because the adjoining rooms were using water. the air conditioner was good but did make some noise when the compressor kicked in (not enough to be problematic though). The bed was comfortable and overall it was a good room for comparable places in the area.

There was free wifi throughout the motel and its quality was good enough for basic web surfing and skype calls.

Overall, it was an ok motel and I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We made reservations about 1 month in advance to ensure we had a room following a graduation we attended at SUNY Albany. Over the phone I asked for the summer rate and was told it included vouchers for Giuseppe's Italian restaurant across the street. The rate seemed reasonable so we booked a lakeside room. Several hours before check in I received a call was told that the 'summer rate' was not really available. I asked if there was a reduced rate for the room and was told no, the rate was already discounted. Since we were on our way we decided to stay there anyway but started off with a bad feeling. When we arrivedd the place seemed deserted but they assigned us a room that was right next to one being renovated - the truck and materials were right outside our room.When we asked for another room the responded with ' Oh, will that bother you?" We refrained from remarking how much we loved being woken up by construction noise. They agreed to change the room to one further away but it seemed like it was an impositon (it seemed like hardly anyone else was there). Fortunately was clean and had what we needed. The location is great and the small, private beach was wonderful. I'd advise confirming more than once what your rate included and status of the property/renovation prior to making reservations. Service does not seem to be their strong point. I would have expected them to give us an upgraded room to make up for not receiving the agreed upon 'summer rate'. but that was not offered.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where the bed faces the lake, the other have a lake view but only when you are standing in front of the bed.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NBCedar
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This Resort has alot to offer the tourist, great rooms, Mountain and lake front views and the whole of Lake George at your finger tips, Just DON'T book with Expedia, because their price to me was 105.00 A night and the Resort's actual price was 75.00 A night!
When I contacted Expedia about their LOW PRICE polices they just Blew me off! It seems they charge the places you stay at 25% over what the HOTELS would actually charge you !
So Your best bet is to direct book your stays at resorts and places you like to visit if your into
saving MONEY !

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are like a cabin directly facing the Lake!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo