New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Marine Village Resort

Marine Village Resort
Ranked #15 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Long Island City, New York
“Great Fall mini-vacation! I love Marine Village”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

My family & I just got back from a nice early fall getaway in Lake George and we had an absolutely great time!! It was so much fun & the best spot for my family & I. My kids loved how close the resort was to the village. They also spent a lot of time in the pool. It was heated which was great because it is fall weather. The rooms were very nice and very clean with plenty of room for my family. The staff was also very nice and very helpful with finding things to do in the LG area. The grounds were also very well kept with lots of flowers around! My family & I had a great time! The lake was gorgeous and Marine Village was the perfect place to relax!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
5 Thank FamilyMan525
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

We typically stay at Marine Village when we come to the Lake George area. It was another great experience there. We were able to walk to the restaurants (I recommend Guiseppees, good pizza), kayak on the lake, enjoy breakfast right on the premise, get a great nights rest on their comfortable tempurpedic (i think) mattresses. I have stayed at other lakeside properties in the past and this by far is the most updated and clean ive stayed in. Those housekeepers make sure your room is clean no matter how hot it is or rainy it is that day! Wouldnt want to stay at anyother place! Best lakeside property that offers more than just the amazing views!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Elizabeth K
Albany, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is a VERY well maintained place which is literally IN Lake George Village. So great location if you or your kids want to walk to the village. Personally I would rather go North and stay in a quieter part of the Lake...
Although very well kept up, it s at its heart an old fashioned Motor Lodge. Lots of Asphalt lots of units, lots of people. 1960's feel to it in places. The pool and patio area are very well kept up. Lots of new equipment and stuff. We stayed in a Suite which had a full view of the Lake, grass in front, and a picnic table right there. I was shocked at the price though - $350 per night for a well kept Motor Lodge... I have paid that for Mirror Lake in in Lake Placid which is a 3 diamond resort (though not a "suite"). Rooms were fine, new flat screen TVs. But old empty drapery fixtures were left on the walls, and Bathroom had multiple issues - very rusty electric heater, mildew arouund the tub/wall seam (which when I pointed it out the the housekeeper, she didn't have mildew remover). Hot and Cold were reversed in the bath sink.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank cvandoren
Bayport, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

Great Place, Great Location! We were there during Hurricane Irene and lost power for 24 hours, the staff couldn't have been more accomodating during the storm! Once the storm passed and power was back on there was lots to do. My son fished off the pier, we went out on the paddleboats, swam in the heated pool or just sat on the deck and enjoyed the view of the Lake. This resort is right in the heart of Lake George Village. There is a Price Chopper around the corner and it was good because some nights we BBQ on the gas grills and just had the short walk to the food store. We had a great time and will surely be back to the Marine Village Resort!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Neume05
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

We never even got there. We were traveling to Albany from Long Island to visit family and wanted to extend the stay for one extra day and take the kids to Lake George. When Irene was forecast we wanted to get home as soon as possible to survey the damage and check on our home. The staff of the Marine Village were unwielding and refused to work with us. They said the best they could do was give us an extra 3 days to use the reservation. No refund or credit to use in the future. Considering how DANGEROUS conditions were where we were coming from I found that unbelievably INSENSITIVE. We will be back to Lake George but the Marine Village Resort can kiss my irene! :-(

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family