“GReat for what it is, Well maintained Motor Lodge right in the Village.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marine Village Resort

and 1 more site!
Marine Village Resort
Ranked #19 of 87 Hotels in Lake George
Albany, NY
“GReat for what it is, Well maintained Motor Lodge right in the Village.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is a VERY well maintained place which is literally IN Lake George Village. So great location if you or your kids want to walk to the village. Personally I would rather go North and stay in a quieter part of the Lake...
Although very well kept up, it s at its heart an old fashioned Motor Lodge. Lots of Asphalt lots of units, lots of people. 1960's feel to it in places. The pool and patio area are very well kept up. Lots of new equipment and stuff. We stayed in a Suite which had a full view of the Lake, grass in front, and a picnic table right there. I was shocked at the price though - $350 per night for a well kept Motor Lodge... I have paid that for Mirror Lake in in Lake Placid which is a 3 diamond resort (though not a "suite"). Rooms were fine, new flat screen TVs. But old empty drapery fixtures were left on the walls, and Bathroom had multiple issues - very rusty electric heater, mildew arouund the tub/wall seam (which when I pointed it out the the housekeeper, she didn't have mildew remover). Hot and Cold were reversed in the bath sink.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank cvandoren
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Bayport, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2011

Great Place, Great Location! We were there during Hurricane Irene and lost power for 24 hours, the staff couldn't have been more accomodating during the storm! Once the storm passed and power was back on there was lots to do. My son fished off the pier, we went out on the paddleboats, swam in the heated pool or just sat on the deck and enjoyed the view of the Lake. This resort is right in the heart of Lake George Village. There is a Price Chopper around the corner and it was good because some nights we BBQ on the gas grills and just had the short walk to the food store. We had a great time and will surely be back to the Marine Village Resort!!!

1 Thank Neume05
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

We never even got there. We were traveling to Albany from Long Island to visit family and wanted to extend the stay for one extra day and take the kids to Lake George. When Irene was forecast we wanted to get home as soon as possible to survey the damage and check on our home. The staff of the Marine Village were unwielding and refused to work with us. They said the best they could do was give us an extra 3 days to use the reservation. No refund or credit to use in the future. Considering how DANGEROUS conditions were where we were coming from I found that unbelievably INSENSITIVE. We will be back to Lake George but the Marine Village Resort can kiss my irene! :-(

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank momdadn2kidz
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

We usually stay with family in Queensbury but plans changed on short notice. What a great place! The staff was so friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fabulous - my kids ate free! The pool was sparkling and the beach very clean and inviting. I would definitely return if I can't stay with family!

1 Thank Dalygirls3
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

Overall my trip at Lake George was okay. I actually had higher expectations based on reviews I've read online. The rooms were clean but it was also damp. The Morgans restaurrant was was horrible, both food and service. Also, I went to cooper's cave which was a site advertised by the resort. I even asked the front desk and they said it was nice hwever when I got there was no cave what so ever. I probably will not come back to Lake George.

1 Thank S W