All reviews cabana bar courtyard room the penthouse pool area off season on site restaurant view of the lake walk into town small beach next year paddle boats mini fridge lake george area monique lakeside fireworks summer
Reviewed 10 October 2014

We were getting away for the weekend before our daughter returned to work. Our family spent many vacation years at Lake George, but this was our first stay at this location. I booked two side-by-side suites near the lake. They were excellent for comfort, location, view and the wonderful Jacuzzi in the bathroom. Very clean; some will say "dated and needs updating" - not me. All the aspects, including the convenience of location on Main Street easily made this a great visit. My granddaughter loved putting her feet in the "cold" lake with Papa. This is a great place in Lake George. The only issue was a wedding party decided to have an after party right outside our rooms. I slept thru, but my daughter is a light sleeper (3 yr olds can do that too you).

Room tip: Spent a few dollars more for a suite, they are worthit!
Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Georgian Lakesi... R, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2014

Dear JMPOC,

Thank you so much for the great review. We are so glad you decided to gather at our resort with your family. Sorry you had an issue with the wedding party outside your room. The next time please let us know immediately and we will address any noise complaints. Again thank you for all the nice comments you made regarding your stay with us.

Hope to see you real soon in the near future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 9 October 2014

In June of 2014, my wedding was at the Georgian. I had my rehearsal dinner on Friday and my wedding was the following Saturday! All I can say was that everything was PERFECT! Theresa Cutter is the wedding coordinator and always made time to listen to all of my ideas and made sure that every detail was exactly how I wanted it to be! Theresa went above and beyond making sure the entire day went smooth! My reception was held in the restaurant Giovanna's and it was just beautiful! Not to mention the food was wonderful as their chef is just amazing! He cooked for my rehearsal dinner and for the wedding! I wouldn't have wanted anyone else! The entire staff was just incredibly patient and so friendly! They were always there to make sure that everyone was comfortable! Theresa also was more than accommodating to my guest who decided to stay the entire weekend and made sure everyone was happy!!! The Georgian and the staff definitely made my entire wedding process fun and most of all the best time of my life!!!

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia D

Dear Patricia D,

We cannot thank you enough for having your wedding with us and for the kind words.
Also thank you for specifically recognizing the efforts of Theresa our wedding coordinator and our Chef. They both along with the other staff members go above and beyond to make your stay a memorable one. It was truly our pleasure and congratulations to the both of you. Please come back and stay with us again, we would love to see you on your first anniversary.

Reviewed 7 October 2014

Let me preface this by saying we only paid $75 a night and not the crazy prices that other people who have reviewed paid. I would normally rate this 2 1/2 but TripAdvisor doesn't let me. This review would be worse if we paid $200+ in high season in Lake George.
Check in was efficient as there were 3 people helping. I believe there were two weddings there this weekend so it was busy. The woman who waited on us had no personality but the check in went smoothly. We did have an issue when we got to the room. There was water pouring down from the upper deck onto our air conditioner and inside the room. It turns out the maintenance person was watering the flowers and over watered a bit. They did come clean it up and apologized.

Our room was fairly spacious. We had two queen beds. It was on the parking lot but I think the majority of rooms are. The room is dated and really needs a little TLC. There is a heater in the shower room that must have gotten too hot at some point and burned the wallpaper. We did not turn it on.

The first morning we made coffee and the coffee maker leaked all over the sink. When I saw someone from housekeeping I asked for a new coffeemaker. She was very nice and said she would replace it. While I was standing there, a man showed up and she asked him for a new coffee maker. He accused her of breaking one and gave her a hard time. She handled it very well and I finally intervened and told him our coffee maker leaked. We did get a new one but I thought the man was very inappropriate.

The beds were very uncomfortable and our heads were downhill. I must say though, the shower had lots of hot water. The overhead light in the shower room never came on but flickered the entire time. There was a light over the shower that did work fine.

The view from the pool/cabana bar is beautiful. The drinks were expensive and not very good.

My biggest complaint is that the staff is not very friendly or helpful. We asked for an early check in and this did not happen. The staff didn't care and were not willing to accommodate us.

Lastly, the breakfast buffet is $12.00. Not a bad price if the food was edible. You are better off going downtown for breakfast.

Overall, it was not too bad. It would have been much better if the staff was friendlier and more helpful. It really shows a lack of teamwork and the owner/management needs to work on this.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank sbcommish

Dear sbcommish,

We really appreciate that you stayed with us and I thank you for pointing out certain aspects of your stay where we fell short of expectations. We take all reviews very seriously and make every effort to correct and make improvements where they are needed. We would love to have you give us another change and we will use your review as a learning tool to make your stay a more pleasureable one.

Thank you again and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed 30 September 2014

We booked the Georgian Lakeside Resort for a 3 night stay in Sept. 2014. The hotel was clean and the service was friendly.

Our only complaint is that one of my shirts went mysteriously missing. I can't explain what happened, it seems unlikely that someone would take one shirt from our room and leave everything else...but still, it was weird.

We had a room that overlooked the parking lot (so no big attraction to that) but the price was reasonable and you could go to the cabana bar or beach area for a view of the lake. There are some lakeside and lake view rooms but they are more pricey.

We thought that our room was, in some way, the best of both worlds since we could still access the views of the lake, eat at the lake view restaurant and even watched sunrise from the beach one morning. But we spent most of our days out on the road looking at the Autumn colors and riding the motorcycle.

Roads around Lake George are very scenic and great for "touring". There are some roads that are a bit rough (pavement) and some a bit crowded with slow moving traffic, but many are really nice and worth riding.

Room tip: Our room was basic and had a view of the parking lot, but was very reasonable for the price.
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Georgian Lakesi... R, Guest Relations Manager at The Georgian Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2014

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for the nice things you had to say about our resort. We appreciate the comments regarding our clean rooms, friendly staff and beautiful views. Sorry you had a shirt go missing. If you would like to give us a call and describe the article of clothing we can take a look to see if anyone has turned it in to our lost and found. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 September 2014

Imagine 3 weeks prior to your wedding day - invitations are sent, meals have been chosen, flight tickets bought and attire chosen - and the venue calls to say we have a larger party coming that day so you cant have the space we promised you. We will squeeze you into a room 1/2 the size with no dance floor. How do you do that to someone? Yup I will be bad mouthing them to my grave.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank skdel
Georgian Lakesi... R, Director of Sales at The Georgian Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2014

Dear Skdel,

We take pride and are honored in every wedding that is at our resort. We were willing to work with you on a variety of solutions to make this your perfect day The banquet hall does have a dance floor and stage and was able to accommodate your groups size. However in the end, we allowed you to cancel your contract without penalty to ensure your perfect day was just that.