“The King In Concert Trip” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN of Lake George

BEST WESTERN of Lake George
Ranked #18 of 87 Hotels in Lake George
Lansing
“The King In Concert Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

A quick trip to Lake George, NY to see 'The King in Concert' @ Six Flags Great Escape starring Elvis tribute artist James Cawley was my main purpose for a visit to the small town of Lake George.

The 'Best Western of Lake George' fit my needs perfectly.

After a bit of confusion finding my room reservation [thank you Booking.com] I was checked in ASAP.

All of the Front Desk staff were kind & cordial. 'Sheridan' was the actual staff member to checked me in.

The rooms have good secure locks. No matter the locale, this is always welcome.

My room was clean and comfortable. No insects, etc. I checked the moment I entered the room.

The bathroom was clean and tidy. I did, however find that the commode requires extra cleaning [minerals/hard water??]. The paint/plaster above the shower/tub was peeling rather badly. That does need to be addressed by Engineering. Not acceptable.

My room had a fantastic High Definition television. The bed was firm [just right] & comfortable. The heater worked very well & made the room quite cozy.

I'd be happy to stay here again! Great staff!!!

Room Tip: This is a two story property w/ no elevator. If stairs are no hardship, I'd stay on the 2nd flo...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank MonkMalone
SamLuciano, Administrative Assistant at BEST WESTERN of Lake George, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Thank you so much for your compliments and constructive criticism. We value our guests input. I will pass this along to Sheridan and our staff. We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Darcy Rathje
Administrative Assistant
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Hemmingford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

On behalf of Wendy Kingsbury & myself I would like to send a huge thank you to all the staff on duty over the weekend of Oct 9-10, 2011. We were greeted with a warm welcome. Both Debbie & Chris were awesome. Our van had a flat tire a distance away from the hotel & when we finally returned & inquired about taxi service they didn't hesitate to offer a car service so we could go for dinner. The shower had a small issue & again when we returned the whole shower head had been changed for a new one. I would highly recommend the Best Western in Lake George to anyone going there and will definately return. Sincerely Donna Munday

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

We stayed at a number of Best Western hotels this vacation and this was by far the worst hotel ever. There is mold in the shower in the tile grout and the walls are paper thin. At 11:00 PM called the front desk due to sounded like sumu wrestlers above us and the room next to us had a family with small kids that were like wild banshees in their room and running up and down the hallway screaming. At midnight this was still going and went to the front desk to complain and all I was told they didn't hear anything when they walked by their room. At 1:00 a.m. the rucus finally stopped. After breakfast we cancelled our second night stay (without charge) and found another hotel. Highly recommend any other hotel other than this one for your travel.

Room Tip: I wish I could pick a less than 1 for sleep quality.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Deniece P
Englishtown, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

This hotel was a perfect choice! My boyfriend & I usually choice Best Westerns because they are not expensive but still always decent hotels. This is one of the best we have stayed in! To begin with, the desk staff was excellent! In particular, Debra was especially helpful. She helped to make sure I would get my rewards points, she upgraded our room, and even called ahead to our next hotel to request that they upgrade us too! She also made great recommendations on places to go, restaurants and even places to order delivery on the night we stayed in.

As far as the hotel itself, it was in a great location right off the highway and right outside of town. It was clean and housekeeping was great every day. It seems like it must have been updated recently because room amenities & furniture were very modern, including a nice flat screen tv. No problems with anything, all electronics/lighting was in perfect, working order. WiFi worked without a hitch, nice & fast in the room. The kingsized bed was especially comfortable.I even loved the picture of ducks above the bed! Pool and hot tub were really nice after a long day. The breakfast was also adequate to start the day with a nice fireplace in the breakfast room.

In short, I have NO bed things to say. I would highly recommend this hotel--luxury at a value price!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jrp1978
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

We were stuck trying to find last-minute lodging during Saratoga Springs, NY, high (summer and racing) season. What we found was this Best Western, over 30 minutes away from where we needed to be, but an easy "commute." We paid about $189 per night, for two nights. Normally, this lodging could be reserved for $100-$115. In a situation like this, beggars can't be choosers, and the price wasn't as inflated as some of the other chains.

It was a decent stay, pretty much like most Best Westerns (layout, amenities and free breakfast), so we had no complaints. The room was clean, and the staff friendly, although we had very little interaction with them. I would recommend this BW, at the normal rates.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple