All reviews village lake summer refrigerator poolside rates
Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

The room was super clean and the bathroom was as well. The shower is incredible, great water pressure. The beds are comfy and rates aren’t terrible. I recommend staying here, it’s a great location. We are so close to the center of Lake George, it’s awesome. I love it here and would love to come back some day!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Robert G, Owner at Motel Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed yourself and we hope that you will come see us again in 2019!

Reviewed 3 September 2018

We drove 4 hours to Lake George just to come back home the same night. Our neighbors were extremely loud and wi-fi din't work at all. The management did absolutely nothing - we complained but nothing was fixed. Their excuse was that the motel was fool... whatever that means. Had to leave two days earlier without getting any refund. Never had such poor experience. Do not go. Just spend a bit more but book something else and you won't regret it.

Room tip: Do not book
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank annanZ8031FA

Thank you for staying with us. We are sorry that the actions of others ruined your time. With respect to the hotel being "fool", the manager probably meant that the hotel was "full" and, therefore, was unable to relocate you to another room because none were available. Presumably, the confusion between "fool" and "full" resolves your issues. If not, please feel free to reach out to me with additional questions.

Reviewed 22 August 2018

We decided to extend our stay by 1 day and we were looking for a inexpensive place after staying at the Holiday Inn 2 days prior. We extended our stay due to severe weather coming into the area and didn't want to drive. I checked Tripadvisor for options and prices and settled with this hotel because of it's location to the village. When we went to inquire about vacancy we saw that they had an outside pool and seemed to be ok. The front desk rep was really nice and helpful so we decided to book it. We go the next day to get our key and as soon as we opened the door I was not impressed. It was very outdated and looked like a room that you would take a one night stand to. After such a helpful representative in the office she seemed to go out of her way to get us the "best" room available after seeing the room and it's commodities my husband felt betrayed. After doing a once over at first it seemed doable for one night but it all changed when my young daughter opened the refrigerator to find a large roach inside the door seal. I also saw a small bug running on the nightstand between the 2 beds. At that point we decided to leave all of our belongings in the car and slept in the clothes we arrived in on top of the covers and towels. Having to worry about what is crawling on you while you sleep does not give you a good nights rest. We left as soon as the office opened up at the next morning.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and I am sorry that things were not as good as you expected. Our rooms are dated, however, we are working hard to make updates. For example, in 2018, we repainted and installed all new ceramic flooring in 20 bathrooms. In 2019, we are updating 10 of the guest rooms and adding new outdoor furniture to much of the hotel. Please let us know of any problems with the room, as we would have worked to make it better for you. Again, thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We rented out the upper apt. For 3 nights and didn't have one issue at all! ALL staff was incredibly helpful and nice ( our favorite was Makayla:-) ) Bedrooms, bathroom and kitchen were all clean and more than served the purpose for us, incredibly roomy for a family of 5!!! Hard to find sometimes at a reasonable price! This is our second year staying here can't wait to go back again next! Oh and the pool area is nice met a few nice families all kids got along and perfect walk to down town not too long and out of the lime light for bedtime. Over all a great place can't beat it.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us again. It is always a pleasure to host you and we hope to see you again in 2019!

Reviewed 17 July 2018

I booked this motel through RCI Travel services and was told that it was an upgrade as it was a 2 bedroom condo on the water at Lake George. The staff was very polite at the motel. The motel however was very old. Upon arrival at the motel the couple that was with us noticed that the wood along the stairs leading to the condo was rotting away. Once inside the "condo" we realized this was more like an efficiency apartment and very dated. The tan couch in the corner had stains, the brown chaise type couch had holes in in it. The carpet was very worn and very dirty. The cabinets in the kitchen were warped and dirty inside and out. The bathroom was also dirty.

All and all this was not a hotel that we could stay in and we had to leave. We were not offered a refund and unfortunately RCI Travel Services let us down by not refunding us either as they stated they had paid for the motel and since they could not get a refund neither could I. Keep in mind I am even more upset with RCI as they charged me $100 more than the walk up and take a room price.

The pool looked very nice and the staff was very polite, but I would not recommend staying in their so called "condo". I am still trying to get my money back, but I am sure that I will not.

Room tip: Try a ground floor unit but know that this is not a hotel I would recommend.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank cktrepanier

Thank you for staying with us. Online booking engines are a constant headache for both the hotel and the guests. These services take between an 18% and 30% commission on the room sales and will tell you whatever you want to hear to get the sale. In short, they are horrible. In the future, please call us directly at the hotel. We would be more than happy to explain to you exactly what you are purchasing and even send you photos or FaceTime the room. That way, there are no surprises. Unfortunately, when you involve a third party in what should be a two party transaction, problems can arise. In the future, if you call us direct, you will probably save 10% on the room rate and avoid some of the travel fees that these sites like to throw in the last minute.