“The only thing good there is the View!”
Review of Lookout Cafe

Lookout Cafe
Ranked #104 of 171 Restaurants in Lake George
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 11
Cuisines: American
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We went for lunch with 3 buddies & myself, the 3 ordered a lobster roll and I a hamburger that the waiter stated was the best around! Not!
The Lobster roll was a joke at the high price, ground up lobster meat that you had to look very hard to find! Oh and my hand formed hamburger patty was a frozen one! We will never visit this place again.

chefdan2016, Executive Chef at Lookout Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Good day and thank you for sharing your thoughts here on Tripadvisor. I am sorry that your visit to the Lookout did not meet up with your expectations. If you were here during the car show I can certainly understand your frustration as it is the single most busy weekend of the year at the Lookout. I admit that from the time your order is placed to the time the food arrives at the table can be in the area of 30 minutes. In light of the view as you have mentioned and people relaxing to enjoy it while grabbing a bite, this time is not too extreme considering the sheer volume of people in town for the car show. It is a great event.
I am sorry you felt about the Lobster roll as you did. As you can imagine it is a very popular item in the summer. My staff is processing 200 pounds plus of whole live lobsters a week in preparation of the lobster salad to keep up with the demand of this item. I will speak with them to see that they are following the recipe to the prescribed ratio based upon your comments. This is not a typical comment so I am very interested in it and will definitely follow through.
Regarding your comments on the burgers I will say that the Lookout does not have a char-broiler. This means that we need to take the burgers, which are delivered fresh each day from a local butcher, and cook them on a griddle (flat top grill) not over open flame. I think the smooth carmelization that results gives them an similar appearance as a frozen burger when cooked but indeed these burgers come fresh from the butcher straight to the refrigerator onto the griddle and to the guest. Cooked to order and as fresh as they come trust me when I say there is no time to freeze them as we go through them very fast and fresh burgers tend to cook quicker. Why this summer alone we have served over 10,000 (8 ounce, yes a full 1/2 pound) burgers alone. These burgers atop the toasted brioche buns we use tend to garner many, many positive comments.
I apologize, again, that we did not meet your expectations. We will however continue to do the best we can to serve good fresh food along with the amazing view we are fortunate to have.
Thanks again for your comments and have a great day!

Regards,
Chef Daniel

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

If you are planning a trip to Lake George you must stop in and try the food it's great the hamburger are juicy and Delicious they have a taco salad which is great the the view is just as good you can see Lake George right from where you're sitting so if you are visiting Lake George for the first time you must stop in

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We had a good dinner outside with great view of the lake. The food was okay and service was great. Casual dining with lake view.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

No lie...awsome burgers and awsome view. I also had a frozen cappuccino. Great as a drink or as a desert. You can get them virgin or with alcohol-Yum!!!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We ate at the Lookout Cafe TWICE during our recent trip to Lake George. We did not order anything fancy-one days wings, burgers, chicken fingers, pulled pork sandwich and I ordered a Rush grilled chicken sandwich-loved it. Service was crazy slow the first time,but food was so good and our kids loved it so much, we went back another day! Service was much better the second time around. Much faster.
View is beautiful. Place is like a weathered snack bar, but we really enjoyed the food!
Most of the meal come with Kettle Potato Chips-we asked to swap them out for fries and were told "no problem." Get the check and we were charged $3 each time to swap. It is what it is....
Nothing fancy, but we would totally eat there again.

Been to Lookout Cafe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK