“Excellent Burger”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has an outside seating area with a view of Lake George. You do not need to go inside. Just take the stairs up and a hostess will seat you.

Our waiter was Kaleb who provided excellent service. He was very friendly and attentive.

I recommend getting a bacon guacamole burger. The chicken quesadilla as an appetizer was delicious as well.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

As always, the food is delicious. The service was fast and the servers were friendly. You have a beautiful view of the lake. What could be better?!

Reviewed 23 July 2017

Nice place for lunch. You get a great view of the lake under a covered patio. The food was good. The drinks were good and the service was good. I would go back.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Our family of 5 went to this restaurant based on a recommendation from an employee at the Fort William Henry Hotel. Turned out it was a bad call....the food wasn't all that great but most of all the service sucked. Will not go back.

1  Thank b3achl0ver
Reviewed 8 July 2017

The family and I were walking around the beach "strip", playing, just enjoying the weather, having some good beach/outdoor time. We decided we'd try to catch the next Minne-Ha-Ha boat ride on Lake George (do this if you haven't!) and of course we had waited too long to conclude we should do that; it would be an hour or so to catch the next one. The kids were now quite excited about the boat so we couldn't bail. We decided to get some food to kill the time. Typically the "pack food" family, we had run out of appreciable rations by this time, and didn't want to lose our awesome parking spot, so we decided to check out the Lookout Cafe.
We walked up to the second story, open-air (with overhead cover) dining area and were greeted pleasantly by a member of the staff, got a table with a wonderful view of the lake and the strip (I think all tables do?). Our server was quick to offer accommodations for our children (2 and 4 years old). We declined. Drinks came fast. My wife had questions about one of the (packaged) drinks on the menu and the server came back with a variety of the options (not a huge deal, but an appreciated gesture of ultra-clarification). After placing our food order and the kids exhausting their interest in the crayons/paper, the kids got evidently antsy (we had to take them on wanderings about the dining room as typical while waiting for food). Presumably in observance of our parenting plight, a gentleman who I assume was the manager came over to me and my son and offered my son the chance to color a picture that would get hung on the wall in the dining room (among others)... sold! My son was excited - he got right to work - and I got to sit back down to enjoy the view and people-watch while I enjoyed my cold beverage on this hot, sunny day. Thank you!
The food was what we expected. The kids had some grilled cheese, I had a chicken Caesar salad, my wife had a burger with fries. We finished everything so that's the evidence of a good meal. And the price was right! This place is a no-brainer for people looking for some "go-to" classic food while enjoying Lake George from the shore with an excellent view and good vibes all around.

Date of visit: June 2017