“We'll be back” 5 of 5 bubbles

Depe Dene Resort
Ranked #58 of 87 Hotels in Lake George
“We'll be back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

The most gracious staff take care of this camp like resort. There are activities for everyone from a fabulous pool,beautiful sandy beachfront with paddle boats and canoes, basketball, tennis, ping pong etc We were most impressed with the service, ask and they provide. The hills are not for the faint of heart but it's a great excuse to get some exercise in. I would certainly recommend a stay at Depe Dene

• Stayed August 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank Redhead546123
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

our stay didnt start off very well, we had a problem with our room that a act of nature couldnt advoid. the staff at depe denne was very helpful in the matter at hand (corey) one of the staff did his best in helping me and my family .the managment relocated us in a diffrent unit and made the rest of our stay very enjoyable. i thank them very much in helping us and would recommend to anyone in the area to stay here. once again thank you to all the staff that help us and making our vacation excellent.

Westport, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

I have to say that before booking the trip, I read Trip Advisor and was skeptical about booking one of the one BR beach suites. Since my two sisters & I booked our stay pretty late, it was one of the only lakefront options available, so I took the chance. My sisters and I arrive on Thursday July 14th and I was pleasantly surprised! The beach suite was actually about 20 steps from the beach and when we opened the door it was TOTALLY clean from top to bottom. The bathroom looked recently renovated (I work in the Design & Construction business for hospitality, so I know a thing or two), the appliances looked a little old, but they all worked! There was a decent couch, a tube TV that worked, and an outdoor table/chairs. From the porch you could see Lake George and it was a very scenic view! The pool was clean, the beach was cute and there were plenty of chairs available if you did not end up at the beach after 1pm! There were grills throughout the grounds, plenty of parking, and the air conditioner cooled off the bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen/living room areas. The shower had warm/hot water, enough for 3, 30 minute showers in a row! I will be back again next year, this time I will rent a family cabin earlier and take my whole family along, including the puppies, for a good time! I highly recommend this resort! I second others when they say if you are looking for a five star, full service hotel, Depe Dene is not for you. For those who want a good resort with rustic accomidations that are an authentic Lake George experience, this resort is for you!

Queens Village, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

We arrived a little early and the folks at depe dene resort graciously let us check in and we enjoyed the entire day at the beach...great service and caring people, we will be back.

2 Thank IRENEMAC222
Stratford, WI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

Let me start by saying that after I was invited to come for a long weekend at this resort with a friend, I did some checking of the reviews and was a little apprehensive about going based on what I read. But...to my surprise...they were wrong. Yes, the cabins were rustic and outdated, but who cares! Yes, the mattress was a little uncomfortable but it was adequate. The view we had from our cabin's deck made up for everything. The setting is beautiful. The group that I was there with stays at the resort every year over Father's Day Weekend and we had an absolute blast! Everyone is so friendly, not like what I imagined. I'm from Wisconsin and this was my first time visiting New York and the group that I was with are all from the NYC area and any stereotypes that I had are gone.

if you are looking for a relaxing weekend with plenty to do...check it out. I'm not sure how the rates compare with other resorts in the area because I was not responsible for paying the bill.

I would love to go back with this group next year!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends