“Wonderful location! We'll be back next year!!!”
Review of Depe Dene Resort

Depe Dene Resort
Ranked #61 of 89 Hotels in Lake George
Westport, Connecticut
“Wonderful location! We'll be back next year!!!”
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I have to say that before booking the trip, I read Trip Advisor and was skeptical about booking one of the one BR beach suites. Since my two sisters & I booked our stay pretty late, it was one of the only lakefront options available, so I took the chance. My sisters and I arrive on Thursday July 14th and I was pleasantly surprised! The beach suite was actually about 20 steps from the beach and when we opened the door it was TOTALLY clean from top to bottom. The bathroom looked recently renovated (I work in the Design & Construction business for hospitality, so I know a thing or two), the appliances looked a little old, but they all worked! There was a decent couch, a tube TV that worked, and an outdoor table/chairs. From the porch you could see Lake George and it was a very scenic view! The pool was clean, the beach was cute and there were plenty of chairs available if you did not end up at the beach after 1pm! There were grills throughout the grounds, plenty of parking, and the air conditioner cooled off the bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen/living room areas. The shower had warm/hot water, enough for 3, 30 minute showers in a row! I will be back again next year, this time I will rent a family cabin earlier and take my whole family along, including the puppies, for a good time! I highly recommend this resort! I second others when they say if you are looking for a five star, full service hotel, Depe Dene is not for you. For those who want a good resort with rustic accomidations that are an authentic Lake George experience, this resort is for you!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Queens Village, New York
Reviewed 16 July 2011

We arrived a little early and the folks at depe dene resort graciously let us check in and we enjoyed the entire day at the beach...great service and caring people, we will be back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank IRENEMAC222
Stratford, WI
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Let me start by saying that after I was invited to come for a long weekend at this resort with a friend, I did some checking of the reviews and was a little apprehensive about going based on what I read. But...to my surprise...they were wrong. Yes, the cabins were rustic and outdated, but who cares! Yes, the mattress was a little uncomfortable but it was adequate. The view we had from our cabin's deck made up for everything. The setting is beautiful. The group that I was there with stays at the resort every year over Father's Day Weekend and we had an absolute blast! Everyone is so friendly, not like what I imagined. I'm from Wisconsin and this was my first time visiting New York and the group that I was with are all from the NYC area and any stereotypes that I had are gone.

if you are looking for a relaxing weekend with plenty to do...check it out. I'm not sure how the rates compare with other resorts in the area because I was not responsible for paying the bill.

I would love to go back with this group next year!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Iselin
Reviewed 31 May 2011

During this memorial weekend, we wanted to visit Lake george.
Most of the hotels and resorts were booked or charging
exorbitant rates.
Then we came across Depe Dene 2 days before the trip.
Called up Anna and was pleasantly surprised to find
that they had occupancy and the rates were so reasonable
for such a beautiful location.
Booked the Beach Suite 42 ($180/night) which could
house 4 adults & 2 kids. Off we went on Saturday morning,
and reached earlier than check in time.
Its on the lakeshore drive along with many other resorts.
For the location alone , it should be priced higher. Its such a beautiful setting.

Anna warmily welcomed us and handed over the keys.
Beach suite itself was located right off the lake. You get the lake view
from the drawing room. The wooden cabin adds charm to your stay.
comfortable rooms and small bath constitutes the rest of suite.
They fixed the only glitch of hot water on the same day.

Had a great time there.Breath taking views and so near to the lake george village.
It has a nearby saddle where the kids and adults could ride horses.
Kayak and pedal boats are available free of cost in Depe Dene.

We could Barbecue at our suite on a serene evening with mist adding beauty to the place.

Highlight of the stay : Speed Boat ride ($100/hr) in the lake . Its a steal for the money.
Stunning boat which can easily fit in 10 adults .In Mike you will find an amazing driver. Dont ever miss that ride.
If you dont own a boat, go for this ride in Depe Dene.

But for the garbage pickup( which they probably do once in 2 days),there was literally nothing to complain about our stay in Depe Dene.
Your family will love the stay here. Thanks to Anna , We are defintely coming back!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 November 2010

It was awful. The beds sunk in the middle, electric wires exposed, leaks in roof and less than responsive staff. The room was next to a propane tank and a trash area so there were garbage trucks early in the morning.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

2.0 km away
The Lodges at Cresthaven
The Lodges at Cresthaven
#13 of 89 in Lake George

Been to Depe Dene Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK