“Birthday Dinner”

Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Reviewed 4 October 2017

The first thing we ordered was a bottle of wine. There were not any wines under 35.00 so we did choose one that was 38.00 and it was good but such a small bottle for that price. We ordered mussels as an appetizer, which was done in a garlic wine sauce and small pieces of corn on the cob, it was quite delicious. My husband and I both ordered filet mignon and added on the lobster tail, no salad as everything is ala carte. The mignon was done quite rare for a medium order so keep that in mind and the lobster tail was very small and they pour the butter over it. I personally like to dip my lobster in drawn butter. The server was fantastic and they gave me a complimentary piece of ice cream pie for dessert and it was delicious. A Sambuca, coffee and their ship to shore coffee drink completed the dinner. The total was $191.00 for 2 people not including tip.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Was excited to try this place given the location, feedback I'd received, and variety of seafood and land food. The wine was a value at half price a bottle, appetizers excellent (foie gras, tuna stack, etc.), main course and service was just ok. I had the filet, which was mediocre compared to others I've experienced, and the lobster tail which was tiny and not worth the $14 extra. I'll give it another try though and possibly just order appetizers as my meal.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

So we were staying at the Marriott residence Inn and a guy by the name of Dan at the front desk highly recommended this place as his number one choice. He said the filet mignon was the best he ever had. So we went.
WOWOWOWOWOWOW!
He was right. That filet mignon was absolutely amazing. The flavor was mouthwatering.
I had the lobster tail and the shrimp scampi, both were amazingly perfectly cooked! The sauce they were cooked in was just right. With a lemon base.
The owner tells us that they were voted number one steakhouse in the Hudson Valley and I can see why. We were visiting from Orlando , Florida and wish they had one here. If you are in upstate New York-don't miss this gem!!! It would be wise to make a reservation. We had a cute table at the front !
I would definitely eat here on a regular basis if I lived there!!!.

* PLEASE -if you found this helpful please click the "helpful" button below! TYVM

3  Thank ginnyp17
Reviewed 25 September 2017

We have started going there for lunch and have never been disappointed. Their burgers are delicious and their chicken with mashed potatoes and asparagus is amazing. Lunch is definitely more affordable. When we went one other time for dinner we were put in the back room. It was so poorly lit that you could hardly see the food in front of you and the prices were almost doubled. We prefer lunchtime.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

We ate here on Labour Day while attending the Hooley on the Hudson. The place was very busy but we managed to get a table. Despite being very busy, the staff have is all the time we needed to make our choices. They were also very calm under extreme pressure from one customer who was being aggressive. When the food came, it didn't disappoint. Our only observation was why do US citizens like chicken with barbecue sauce and macaroni cheese together. They both tasted great but why together.