“Old world with modern flair”
Review of Rene Bistro - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rene Bistro
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 8 October 2014

Renee eveen came out of the kitchen to inquire how we enjoyed his cooking. I orderd a dishand requested some modifications which wer gladly accomodated. Meal came with soup or sald as well as the main course and the bill was quite reasonable. Plae was very pleasantly decorated and thse size of thee establishment could accomodate a good size private party.

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Rene is a very gracious host and is very accommodating with my special orders. The food can only be described as phenomenal! Not to be missed!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

The Bistro is situated in the entrance to a grand hotel; the owners do the setting justice with the well-prepared food. We enjoyed both entrees as well as the zucchini flowers appetizer. Fun time at very good prices. We'll be back.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Had dinner with friends on a Friday night. We had reservations and were promptly seated. The restaurant was not crowded so reservations were probably not needed. The atmosphere was cozy and nicely decorated for the holiday season. Our server, Charlie, was great. Salads were fresh and tasty. Both veal dishes (veal parm and saltimbucco) were good. The seafood fettucini, which was a special that night, was bland. Was disappointed in the food. A little overpriced as there is much better Italian food for less in the immediate area. Not planning a return trip in the near future.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

We had dinner for 4 this evening and Rene's Bistro. The food was delicious and our server, Charlie, was as good as they get. One of my favorite meals is Chicken Francese but lately I haven't been ordering it because I haven't liked the way it has been prepared. I took a chance and ordered Rene's offering and it was as delicious as any Chicken Francese I've ever had in a restaurant (maybe the best). My wife and mother-in-law had the Chicken with Portobello Mushrooms and they both raved about their meal. My father-in-law had a clam & mussel over pasta dish which he said was great. Our meals were each $16.95 with soup or salad, a great value! We ended the meal with very flavorful cups of coffee. Because of the tile floors and high ceilings it is a bit noisy but not unbearable and the quality of the food and service make this a minor inconvenience. Try Rene's, I'm sure you'll love it.