“Good coffee, great cakes and a funky atmosphere ”

Outdated, An Antique Cafe
Ranked #27 of 223 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Had coffee and very, very big scones in this cosy cafe hanging out with the locals. Great place. Coffee comes with free refill.

1  Thank MoxT

Reviewed 19 February 2017

While shopping in Kingston for a day trip, this place caught our eye. We thought it was antique shop, but its both, a cafe AND antique shop. When you walk in, you are overwhelmed with antiques hanging on the walls, funky arrangements, oddities and anything you can think of rustic or old. Reminds me of a place you would find in Brooklyn or Williamsburg, which makes sense, because most people who visit Kingston are from those areas...

I really wanted to eat here. They have a decent sized menu with cafe type choices, sandwiches, salads, breakfast items, stuff like that nature. They have vegan choices- of course, its a super hipster type cafe!

They had a glass case of vegan desserts, like scones, mini chocolates and candies. But my heart was wanting their vegan house made cream cheese they advertise for. When I went to order it, the man told me their bagels aren't vegan tho... what a let down. You sell VEGAN cream cheese, but the things that would go with it, bagels, are NOT vegan? I asked if I could get the cream cheese on vegan bread or buy it in a tub to go, because I really wanted to try their vegan cream cheese but couldn't get the bagel because it wasn't vegan and he wouldn't made the exception for me... bummer. I just couldn't believe they couldn't make some sort of exception, when you sell vegan cream cheese but won't put it on anything vegan? What sense does that make... So we left without trying their vegan cream cheese I really wanted to try, but at least I saw the place, not many places are really hip like this with antique decorated cafes.

2  Thank Hgtravl
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

An old main street style storefront and interior refurbished to a lounge wi-fi sit down bakery, café and catering food joint surrounded by unique oddities of bygone eras, all for sale!

Always have awesome cheddar jalapeño biscuits huge, buttermilk biscuits, fruit or berry scones, home made style triple layer cakes, cookies, brownies etc.
Fresh house made elixir beverages, coffee, tea, and bottled craft drinks available along with seasonal favorites and specials.
Good salads and varied entree selection change daily.
Fairly friendly avant gard counter and open kitchen service. You can see what's being made for first uber fresh dibs which always compel us to take home for later.

Most clientele sit at large tables or club chairs. Many willingly engage in pleasant networking conversation. Always nice to meet new people.

There's a jumble room downstairs. Who knows what you'll find on any given day. The owners connections keep the inventory and look everchanging and quite unique.

1  Thank arockefellerview
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

The woman who runs this place is lost. I go in with my daughter to have lunch, we order take a number. We only ordered 2 sandwiches and there were only 3 other tables seated when we ordered. After a half our I get up to find out what happened to our food only to find out that they gave our food away to the rude people who had just sat at our table and when my daughter said to the woman, "I'm sorry, I think that's our order". She took a bite of our food and said, "No, it's not." The clueless waitress just walked away from the table. At the same time I'm at the counter talking to the owner has the nerve to tell me they had a lot of To Go orders that's why it was taking so long. Newsflash, in the restaurant business unless you are a To Go Only establishment the people sitting in your restaurant come before the phone in To Go orders. Then they had the nerve to charge me for my ice tea. Not offer me something for free, which is what you are supposed to do when you totally screw up someone's order and waste a half hour of someone's life. The Brooklyn hipster clientele can keep this place they deserve each other.

1  Thank taddoloco
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Place is cute. Coffee was good. But, honestly, if you burn the scones, don't put them out. I could have played hockey with it. They graciously refunded my money but, I won't be back. First impressions matter.