All reviews sliding glass door buttermilk falls state park room was clean waffles counter space ithaca college free breakfast place to sleep two double beds minute drive cookies ithaca area walmart parks fi closet wineries
Reviewed 3 August 2018

I booked three rooms for myself and my family. I always check the mattress for bed bugs. The photo is the mattress I had in room 137. In fairness, John, the night manager, was extremely polite and accommodating. He moved me to room 135. Unfortunately, that room smelled like a septic tank blew up, and the AC didn't cool the room to a comfortable temperature. The only room available wound up being the handicap-accessible room, but the mattress was clean and it didn't smell. John immediately moved me there, which I greatly appreciated. This motel needs a lot of maintenance and clean-up. In the two rooms I had before ultimately changing to the third room, I saw dirty grills on the aging AC units, worn carpeting, dirty curtains on the sliding glass doors, and the walls and trim need fresh paintwork. The mattress in room 137 should be burned. I appreciate the help that John gave me, but I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Check the mattresses!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Gerald A
Reviewed 31 July 2018

Firstly, the best part of this hotel was that the two staff members were wonderful. They were friendly and helpful and truly were the best part of the stay. They got us into the room early enough to dress for the wedding we attended and answered all questions with a smile. If they did not know, they went to ask.

We have used Choice hotels with great results. This one, however, was not in the same league. For one thing, there was no elevator. For older people, people with children, etc. this was not easy. I was embarrassed as I recommended this to several family members as we were all there for the wedding.

The common areas were way too small, especially for breakfast. The towels were very skimpy and pillows small. The sheets appeared worn.

Our room was clean and our air was fine. My daughter said hers, on the second floor, was not working well.

Plenty of restaurants nearby made it easy for everyone, and it was convenient to where we needed to go.

I found it way too expensive, especially for the lower quality and felt badly that my family members went on my recommendation. I selected It because of being a Choice Priveledge member, but this experience is making me rethink my confidence that the properties are all acceptable.

Room Tip: Avoid second floor if you have trouble with stairs. No elevator.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2018

We have stayed at this Inn several times when a Cornell U event is not occuring but this time it was awful. The mold odor from a disfuctional AC; torn/dirty carpets; hard, creeky bed; and, a bathroom door so warped it could not close. The area near/over the AC contained a inch of dust. Breakfast was minimal. We will NEVER STAY at this Inn again to visit family in Ithaca.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Pamela R
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Pros: Price + clean + quiet + wifi
Cons: Quality

If you decide to stay here be prepared for a letdown. I'm trying to be fair but the experience left me somewhat bitter. Yes, the price is cheaper than other hotels but you get what you pay for. The hotel felt old and tired - a two star hotel at best. The service was friendly and prompt - no problems there but the room smelled musty - the carpet and bed sheets felt moist - probably due to bad AC unit that has seen better days. The bed was adequate as well but nothing that will make you want to come back. (I hope)

Room service is every third day unless you call to make a special request.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I didn't feel comfortable as a woman traveling alone at this hotel. I tried to talk to the manager. She said her hands were tied. There were men standing around grills cooking under trees. I feel it would have been much safer to have grills away from trees. I asked if fire marshal knew and she said yes he did. I find that hard to believe.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business