2 people are viewing this hotel
$129
Free cancellation until 27/08/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Wyndham
$129
Etrip
$111
Free cancellation until 24/08/22
Expedia.com$129
Hotels.com$129
Lol.travel$155
All reviews yogurt convenient location parents weekend close to downtown comfortable beds ithaca college wegmans motel supermarket accommodations son ny
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 August 2021

Honestly I don't understand some of the negative reviews. I found it to be basic, nothing fancy, but very clean and comfortable. That's all I really need. The bathroom was one of the nicest I have seen in a motel in a long time. It seemed relatively recently updated, as in everything looked good, nothing falling apart, everything worked perfectly, including the bathroom fan, which I find alot of motels do not even have. Hairdryer, fridge, micro, TV with cable. It's pretty close to a major road but road noise was not an issue. Right next to a supermarket and strip malls. Plenty of restaurants nearby in walking distance, and less than 5 minutes drive from downtown Ithaca. Perfect location. Breakfast is scaled down due to Covid but they provided coffee, juice, yogurt and muffins.

The lady at the front desk explained that due to Covid they are not supposed to do housekeeping if you are there for only a couple nights, so she provided us with extra towels right when we checked in, and said if we need anything just to call and they'll get it right to us. Also, she was very good about coming to our room to fix the TV. Only drawback, no elevator, but it's only 2 floors.

No, this is not a palace or anything fancy, but I thought this a great place to stay and if we are ever in Ithaca again I will definitely want to stay there.

Room tip: ask for 1st floor if you don't want stairs, because there's no elevator
Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 8 August 2021

The property is quite aged and badly in need of refurbishing. Although friendly, the staff was slovenly and could be seen lounging outside smoking. The room was noisy and the clientele was rowdy and loud, including a 2AM fire alarm. Definitely not my experience with other Wyndham hotels and very disappointing at $140/night.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 3 August 2021

accommodating and friendly staff! Will be staying again tonight because of a mistake on my part booking my 2nd night. It was for the following week and wrong dates. however, the manager was very nice after i put my foot in my mouth as i assured her the reservation was paid but was not! i kept the future reservation because of the nice clean room and staff!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank lricht194906
Reviewed 17 July 2021

Although the room was "redone" it looked nice but on a closer look it was in need of another redo or cleaning. We started staying here in 2008 and at the time it was just what we needed a nice clean affordable place to stay, across the street from our favorite Wegmans! So I went to take a shower and now I'm fighting with the shower curtain. The curtain rod was on one of those curved ones that give you more room because they curve out Well.....this one was installed with the curve going into the shower! So in order to actually shower without being attached to the shower curtain I put the curtain outside the tub...which put water on the floor and really didn't help much. My hubby swears the bed was not a queen but a full since he said I didn't give him any room. Truth was the bed was dipped in the middle and I kept rolling into the dip. There was quite a bit of noise, like people just were hanging out knocking on their friends doors having conversations at 11pm.
Anyway, when checking out I told the person at the desk about the shower curtain rod and she said..oh yea we're going to be redoing the bathrooms. What happened was the shower curtain fell off and when they put it back up that was the only was to do it. And I'm thinking who do they have doing these things. So next time I will NOT be staying here.

Reviewed 14 July 2021

At first sight, nothing appears to be wrong. We checked in on a Saturday around 2pm, dropped our bags in the room and headed out. The room was a bit musty and smelled of old cigarette smoke but we we were willing to let that go. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for and we were staying at a super 8 so the expectations weren't too high. When we returned to the room around 8:30pm, and started to get ready for bed. We wanted to relax and watch a movie. Th TV wasn't working, but that's not a big deal. When we lifted the covers, the sheets were dirty and when we picked up the sheets, the mattress had filthy stains all over it. This hotel was being used as a homeless shelter for several months during Covid. And the icing on the cake was there was construction going on directly outside our window. The crew was using a jack hammer and the noise levels were intolerable. When we came to the front desk to request a room change, the clerk informed us that this has been going on for weeks and the crew would be working well into the night, 11pm would be the earliest that they would stop. We requested a refund, but were told no such thing would happen. We checked out and left that same night.

Room tip: Bring ear muffs and your own sheets