“Anniversary Weekend”
other travellers have booked this property
pillow top mattress with freshly ironed sheets
study area stocked with info on local attractions fully stocked kitchenette including local breakfast treat
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
pillow top mattress with freshly ironed sheets
study area stocked with info on local attractions
fully stocked kitchenette including local breakfast treat
pots, dishes, supplies, etc. meet all your needs for an extended stay
private entrance with private deck - completely self enclosed
walk in shower with seating and grab bars
local information and reading material.
decorated with original art depicting Cornell by international artist Pen King
quiet, peaceful street
private deck for enjoying your morning coffee
wildlife galore! Enjoy them from your private deck.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Tiffany H
“Anniversary Weekend”
Reviewed 12 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

My husband and I traveled to the area for our first anniversary. The alley house was easy to find and a nice quiet street. Loved the extra special accommodations the personal touches of leaving us muffins, eggs, orange juice, and fruit for our stay! This kind of hospitality you just can't get at a hotel. The alley house was pretty clean the bathroom could use a little deep clean but can't all of our bathrooms! Furniture was super comfy and we were able to make ourselves at home!

Might I suggest a guest book, we have stayed at several air bnb type places and always love reading about different people that they have stayed there. As Internet loving people we were able to find our way to places that intrest us but it would add a great touch to recommend your favorite local restaurant or hiking trail to your guests! Just an idea!

Thanks so much for the stay!

13 Oct 2017
Thanks for the great ideas! We will add or personal recommendations to the tourist books and brochures already provided. We use a professional cleaning crew so I will check and see what's going on with the bathroom, every surface is clean and sanitized multiple times a week as we are fully booked during the high season.
diaduit20...
Bel Air, Maryland
“Cozy Country Delight”
Reviewed 18 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Loved this cozy little apartment tucked behind the owners home. Perfect location near enough to downtown Ithaca but far enough away to be out of the student hub-bub. Enjoyed waking to the sound of birds, even a pileated woodpecker! Thanks for a lovely stay.

18 Aug 2017
I'm so glad you got to hear the pileated woodpecker! Being down the road from Cornell's Lab of Ornithology brings a multitude of wildlife to the property. Guest who wake at 6 am often see our twin fawns eating in the backyard! Thank you for your great review and please consider us again when traveling to beautiful Ithaca!
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 11 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Being in a quiet neighborhood
Liked least: No complaints
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Inchworm6...
Westtown, New York
“Delightful accommodations”
Reviewed 26 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

On my recent visit to the Ithaca area, I chose to stay at Alley House. The accommodations were comfortable, spotless and delightful. The added niceties were a pleasant surprise and made my stay a little more enjoyable. The next time I need to stay in Ithaca, I will certainly try to make a reservation at Alley House.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Very comfortable
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Journey22...
“Hard to get a good nights sleep”
Reviewed 8 September 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Bed was super comfortable but window AC was too small for large bedroom and couldn't cool off the room especially since there was a huge gap under door so air escaped into kitchen. Plus the AC wad so noisy I put a pillow over my head to try and sleep. Another night I used the fan but again that was way too small and noisy. So I wouldn't recommend staying here in the warmer months--- hopefully the heat works well and is not so noisy.
Another problem was the shower--- the cold water was just a trickle so you could only turn on the hot water a little bit otherwise you'd get scalded. This made for insufficient water pressure to wash your hair properly.
The frig was tiny with a freezer only capable of holding ice cube trays. Would be nice to have a freezer to put ice cream in. There's no laundry but Chris washed my 3 items of clothing since my suitcase got lost and I only had one outfit to wear.
The wooden deck and outside yard was beautiful.

Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
9 Sep 2016
I'm sorry your stay was unsatisfactory. The Alley House is well represented in our ad and I offered to refund your money before you stayed when you didn't realize there was not separate sleeping accomadations for your son. I did purchase an air bed and pump for him at my expense. The other concerns, refridgerator size, noise, water are new complaints for us...our previous 56 guests have not mentioned these. I'm sorry you had to spend two nights in airports and your luggage was lost for six days and on top of that your accomadations were not to y
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing