“Good location and room but....” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Meadow Court Inn

Meadow Court Inn
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Ithaca
New Delhi, India
“Good location and room but....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stayed at the Meadow for 8 days while in Ithaca, as we had gone there to drop our daughter for Cornell University. Sure enough, the location was excellent as we could easily walk to Wallmart, Tops, many restaurants and even to the university. The rooms were clean, comfortable and no complaints there.
However, at night, we could not sleep as we could hear a squeaking door and loud footsteps- probably the guests on the floor upstairs. But then surely something needs to be done here by the managers as this was really irritating. On sharing at the desk, a gentleman said he would look into it but was defensive. The desk was not very helpful..knew nothing at all about tourist stops, buses or ANYTHING other then own premises. The restaurant opposite- Royal Reservation- had excellent food. Breakfast on friday, sat and sun was given by the hotel only and was below average.
on the whole, it was a good choice as first time choices go, but would want to try any of the other hotels on the south meadow street if visit again

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank pratimagoel
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

In Ithaca expect to pay two- or three- star prices for a one-star hotel. No surprises at Meadow Court, good or bad. Nicely kept outside, grounds are well-maintained. Motel sides rooms (there are also rppms on the "hotel side") are not that comfortable, but not uncomfortable. On the clean side, but the mildew on the shower curtain and bathtub nooks and crannies should be attended to. Cigarette burns in the comforter, ugghh. Crappy little TV, no premium channels. Front desk staff with the personality of brillo pads will give you the information you need and not much else. Don't bother with the "breakfast" unless horrible coffee, packaged rolls and discount store bagels get you going.

2 Thank GlobalHealthGuy
Ithaca
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

I'm staying here at the meadow court inn now Sept. 1, 2011 in Ithaca NY. The start wasn't promising. The receptionists took my debit card and said she was going to swipe it for authorization not telling me she was actually taking $100 out for a week or so. This could be a problem. Why wouldn't she tell me. Then she was nasty about it. Next, I go to my room and find it isn't cleaned. There were soda and water bottles in the room and the beds were not made. They switched my room after I pulled a few bags up to the room. The room they switched me too had no working electric outlets. PROBLEM, considering I had my PC and needed juice. They switched my room again to an upgraded room. Nice! Problem is, the room they switched me too, the key didn't work. I had to walk back 2 times to get the cards "wired up" again. OK, not much of a problem but, I go back put and return at 9pm to find the key doesn't work again, I o back to the front and get the re-wired again. I go back out and return at 11pm to the same problem. They switch my room again, 3rd time at 11pm. I take all my things to the new room again, go out for a soda and returned to a door that wouldn't open again. Back to the front desk to get attitude from a different receptionist(I actually told her that "her attitude isn't necessary". The trip started out horribly. I'll write another review at the end of my trip to see if they made up for it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Furious22

Travellers are raving about these Ithaca hotels

Fort Myers
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

We first stayed here when our son was just a month old. The very courteous front desk staff put us in a section of the motel where we would neither disturb others if the baby was up in the night, nor would he be woken by other guests. It was a wonderful stay, and we have been back every time we've been in Ithaca since then.

The rooms are clean, the housekeepers attentive to our needs, and the front-desk staff was very polite and reasonable.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank D S
Gloucester Twp., NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

We pulled into town late and were looking for somewhere to stay. Called a bunch of numbers from our guidebook but many places were booked because of a music festival going on. This place had a room at a steep price (about $170 plus tax) that had a microwave and refrigerator. We were stuck, so we took it. The room was nice--clean and the beds were comfy. However, the shower did not drain--GROSS! We checked in late and it was obvious that the desk clerks were going to be able to do anything about it late at night. We endured, showered, and took off the next morning. Free coffee in the lobby was nice--we skipped the "continental breakfast."

Room Tip: Check that the shower drains BEFORE getting comfy!