2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$293
View deal
Expedia.com$293
Hotels.com$293
Priceline$293
Travelocity$293
Canopy$293
Hurb$304
All reviews ithaca commons nespresso machine extra privacy room design front desk usb ports a great stay great hotel walk in shower sliding door two blocks fire alarm parking garage living area the staff was friendly and helpful nice room enjoyed our stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 May 2022

We were in Ithaca for the weekend, our son had rowing races against Cornell, Etc.. The staff at the front desk were polite and efficient. The room was nice and clean. On our first night, we ate at the restaurant. We ordered steak and fries. There was only one steak, so I took the halibut. There wasn’t any halibut left, so they offered trout. I took the trout. BIG MISTAKE!!! For $42, I had had 8 little croutons, about 10 arugula leaves and the thinnest piece of trout I had ever seen. (Maximum 3 ounces) The total calories in my plate was about 150 calories (croutons 30, arugula maybe 1 and trout about 120 calories. Of course, I was still hungry and had to order a bowl of nuts after my meal. We had selected breakfast included in our package. The next morning, we go for breakfast at 9:20 am (breakfast is t’il 10:00). The only waiter (very tall and has blue hair) ignores us… doesn’t say hello, doesn’t bring the menu. After 10 minutes or so, we say we would like to order breakfast. He replies, « Something came up, we’re not serving breakfast anymore. » We ate at Starbucks across the street. The next morning, we arrive at the restaurant at 9:00 am. It’s the same waiter (very tall with blue hair), he ignores us of course. There’s a lady with her daughter that leave because they’ve been waiting for 25 minutes, he never went to take their order. I ask the lady for the menu, after 10 minutes I tell the waiter we’re ready to order. He rolls his eyes, turns around and goes in the kitchen for maybe 10-15 minutes. He then comes out and takes our order and disappeared in the kitchen for another 10-15 minutes. During that time there’s about 5-7 tables that fill up. Guess what, the waiter ignores these guests. We were there for a total of 90 minutes. I saw at least 15-20 guests arrive and leave without ever being served breakfast. The breakfast when we did finally get it, it was horrible. The coffee and tea is self-serve. A guest told the waiter there wasn’t any coffee left, nor sugar, nor cream and the water for the tea wasn’t hot. The waiter just shrugged his shoulders and continued ignoring most of the guests until they left. One a three persons at the front desk did come running to fill the cream and sugar bowls and make coffee. The whole time we were there for two nights, there was never a manager. The manager and the tall waiter with blue hair have to go.

1  Thank natalied857
Reviewed 5 May 2022 via mobile

The accommodations were OK. Breakfast was barely edible, self serve and $15 per person. The tables in the restaurant were dirty. The food was cold and most of the pans were empty. The most disgusting part was the man filling the pans was touching everything outside of the pans, handles, doors, etc with his gloved hand and using the same hand to grab handfuls of pancakes and other food and transfer them to the serving pan. Needless to say, that was the one and only time we ate in the restaurant. Then I received my bill and the hotel decided that I would pay gratuity for dining in their disgusting restaurant. I never signed a bill, never received a bill until after I checked out. I have called multiple times, left a message for the manager on several occasions. They won’t return my calls. When I read things like this, I always wonder was the customer rude, is there more to the story? There isn’t in the case and I’m normally a generous tipper. Even more so since Covid and people are struggling. And lastly, I normally stay with Hilton when possible but I will not be back to this hotel.

Room tip: Don’t eat in their restaurant. Check your charges before leaving - don’t do mobile checkout.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2022

this is our go-to hotel when traveling to ithaca to visit our son at cornell. an added bonus is that our dog is also welcome. The location can’t be beat with lots of restaurants very close by and an easy drive to campus (or a walk if you are adventurous and you don’t mind walking uphill). The rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet.

Review collected in partnership with Canopy by Hilton
1  Thank TravelingNYCfamily
Reviewed 29 March 2022

We took a weekend getaway without pup to Finger Lakes NY and choose this hotel because it was pet friendly. The cleanliness of the room was great, and it was in a great location, many restaurants and bars within walking distance. It was everything we needed for our trip.

Date of stay: October 2021
1  Thank Carissa M
Reviewed 28 March 2022 via mobile

The hotel is fairly new so it feels clean and the rooms are decent. They had a couple of nice front desk staff but other team members were a nightmare. The restaurant was severely understaffed; it took over 2.5 hours for what we hoped would be a quick dinner. They don’t service the rooms, even on request, unless your stay is over 4 nights, so you have to take out your own trash, etc. We were told we could request extra towels but they gave us such a hard time that we gave up after the first day. The member of staff who brought the towels was downright rude and wanted justification for why we needed them. Upon requesting a late checkout I was told that I HAD to be out by 11, that too many people had already requested it and that it was still early enough that she was “sure I could pack up and get out by that time.” When I told her we were there for an event that ended at 10:30 she said “yeah you and everyone else in the hotel.” I was told if I didn’t “get out on time” I would be charged a late checkout fee of $95. Meanwhile, another member of my party was charged $40 (by a different front desk person 5 minutes earlier) and allowed to checkout at 4pm! The water dispenser on our floor was broken, and we were met with a similar stinginess to the towel situation when we asked for a replenishment of coffee pods for the machine in the room. Parking is also a nightmare. There is a garage around the corner that serves as public parking and parking for at least 3 hotels in the area. Some nights there were no spots.

Date of stay: March 2022