2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$199
View deal
Expedia.com$199
Hotels.com$199
Priceline$199
Travelocity$199
Canopy$199
FindHotel$199
All reviews ithaca commons nespresso machine front desk usb ports a great stay great hotel walk in shower two blocks fire alarm parking garage living area nice room shower head bed was very comfortable graduation weekend home away from home rooms are clean
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 March 2022 via mobile

The hotel is fairly new so it feels clean and the rooms are decent. They had a couple of nice front desk staff but other team members were a nightmare. The restaurant was severely understaffed; it took over 2.5 hours for what we hoped would be a quick dinner. They don’t service the rooms, even on request, unless your stay is over 4 nights, so you have to take out your own trash, etc. We were told we could request extra towels but they gave us such a hard time that we gave up after the first day. The member of staff who brought the towels was downright rude and wanted justification for why we needed them. Upon requesting a late checkout I was told that I HAD to be out by 11, that too many people had already requested it and that it was still early enough that she was “sure I could pack up and get out by that time.” When I told her we were there for an event that ended at 10:30 she said “yeah you and everyone else in the hotel.” I was told if I didn’t “get out on time” I would be charged a late checkout fee of $95. Meanwhile, another member of my party was charged $40 (by a different front desk person 5 minutes earlier) and allowed to checkout at 4pm! The water dispenser on our floor was broken, and we were met with a similar stinginess to the towel situation when we asked for a replenishment of coffee pods for the machine in the room. Parking is also a nightmare. There is a garage around the corner that serves as public parking and parking for at least 3 hotels in the area. Some nights there were no spots.

Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed 11 December 2021 via mobile

My daughter and I enjoyed our stay at the Canopy while visiting Cornell. It’s relatively new, very clean and rooms are well designed (4 USB ports near beds, smart TV, ample shelves in bathroom for toiletries, Nespresso machine, etc.). The team members who staffed the front desk were very friendly and helpful. Great location in the heart of the shops & restaurants of Ithaca Commons. While parking isn’t on site due to location, no problem loading and unloading bags at the hotel and the lot is just around the corner and easy to get to. Would def stay there again.

Room tip: Parking was free since we parked in the lot over a weekend — I believe it’s around $10/night overnight on weekdays
Date of stay: December 2021
Reviewed 11 November 2021 via mobile

Always a great stay with comfortable rooms, good location and friendly staff. This stay even better when I got a phone call from front desk staff member Kayla Barrientos-Collins saying she found my husbands wallet. Could have been a nightmare with flying home today and no ID. Big props to Kayla! Diego was awesome as well! Hilton Canopy is doing great with staff!

Date of stay: November 2021
Reviewed 31 October 2021

Traveling around New York and New England. Am a Diamond member at Hilton (almost all have been at Hampton Inn and Hilton Garden Inns) and this was first chance to stay at a Canopy property. Location was fantastic with many restauarnts all within easy and very short walking distance from hotel. Hotel decor is quite nice and comfortable. Jen who was working the front desk, was most helpful, polite, professional and answered each and all of my questions. She was quite proud of working there and it showed. Our room was quite comfortable, clean and quiet. They had some bicycles for free rent (which we did not take advantage of) which was a nice touch. Our bed was quite comfortable and space was used very well. All in all it felt very European. Having said all that, I had to deduct one star in the rating for a variety of reasons. The hotel signage is not very prominent at all. Using GPS we ended up having to circle twice before giving up and pulling into the music school parking lot (next door). Simply putting "Canopy" on the canopy would have helped. Something on the road would help even more. Parking is not available on site. Street parking was not difficult (I assume in summer it might be another story) but you have to have the car moved by 9 AM which is not that convenient if you are wanting to start your day of leisurely. There is a parking garage about two blocks away which cost $10/day which is not unreasonable, but when it is raining (as it was) this becomes quite a nuisance. The bathroom while quite comfortable and nice, is only this way for one person. My wife and I had to take two seperate turns. Again, if we were in Europe, this is what we would have expected, but not what we are used to in the US or at other Hilton properties. Finally, the breakfast area was very nice, large, and comfortable. The breakfast itself, was not at advertised. There were no local pastries or cheese. In fact the food was essentially the same food that I am served at Hampton Inn with the only difference being plates and silver ware (no spoons), prewrapped muffins and no cream cheese for my toasted bagel. There was someone available to make espresso but clearly nothing special. Would definitely stay at other Canopy properties if the opportunity arises, but not sure I would return to the Ithaca location if my journeys brought me back to the area. I certainly would see what my other options would be. Finally, I had to call Hilton and then the property in order to get my final bill corrected.

Room tip: All the rooms are good. Trust your GPS when it says you are there, even though you don't think you are.
Date of stay: October 2021
1  Thank Richard S
Reviewed 12 October 2021

1st time back in Ithaca in 7+ years, had a wonderful time with the family staying at the Canopy hotel near the Commons. Kids loved the Gorges and seeing the sites but also loved the location of our hotel.

Date of stay: October 2021