2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$227
View deal
Expedia.com$227
Hotels.com$227
Priceline$227
Travelocity$227
Agoda.com$227
Hurb$235
All reviews ithaca commons nespresso machine extra privacy room design front desk usb ports a great stay great hotel walk in shower sliding door two blocks fire alarm parking garage living area the staff was friendly and helpful enjoyed our stay great room
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 October 2021

Traveling around New York and New England. Am a Diamond member at Hilton (almost all have been at Hampton Inn and Hilton Garden Inns) and this was first chance to stay at a Canopy property. Location was fantastic with many restauarnts all within easy and very short walking distance from hotel. Hotel decor is quite nice and comfortable. Jen who was working the front desk, was most helpful, polite, professional and answered each and all of my questions. She was quite proud of working there and it showed. Our room was quite comfortable, clean and quiet. They had some bicycles for free rent (which we did not take advantage of) which was a nice touch. Our bed was quite comfortable and space was used very well. All in all it felt very European. Having said all that, I had to deduct one star in the rating for a variety of reasons. The hotel signage is not very prominent at all. Using GPS we ended up having to circle twice before giving up and pulling into the music school parking lot (next door). Simply putting "Canopy" on the canopy would have helped. Something on the road would help even more. Parking is not available on site. Street parking was not difficult (I assume in summer it might be another story) but you have to have the car moved by 9 AM which is not that convenient if you are wanting to start your day of leisurely. There is a parking garage about two blocks away which cost $10/day which is not unreasonable, but when it is raining (as it was) this becomes quite a nuisance. The bathroom while quite comfortable and nice, is only this way for one person. My wife and I had to take two seperate turns. Again, if we were in Europe, this is what we would have expected, but not what we are used to in the US or at other Hilton properties. Finally, the breakfast area was very nice, large, and comfortable. The breakfast itself, was not at advertised. There were no local pastries or cheese. In fact the food was essentially the same food that I am served at Hampton Inn with the only difference being plates and silver ware (no spoons), prewrapped muffins and no cream cheese for my toasted bagel. There was someone available to make espresso but clearly nothing special. Would definitely stay at other Canopy properties if the opportunity arises, but not sure I would return to the Ithaca location if my journeys brought me back to the area. I certainly would see what my other options would be. Finally, I had to call Hilton and then the property in order to get my final bill corrected.

Room tip: All the rooms are good. Trust your GPS when it says you are there, even though you don't think you are.
1  Thank Richard S
Reviewed 12 October 2021

1st time back in Ithaca in 7+ years, had a wonderful time with the family staying at the Canopy hotel near the Commons. Kids loved the Gorges and seeing the sites but also loved the location of our hotel.

Reviewed 10 October 2021

Well-located hotel on southeast side of downtown Ithaca, just down the hills from Cornell and Ithaca College. Proximate to many dining and shopping options on the Ithaca Commons. Only negative for our stay was a fire alarm at midnight which put us out in the street for 15-20 minutes. Thought the fire department personnel did a better job engaging with the guests than the scant hotel staff did, in terms of communicating what was going on and when and where we could reenter. Otherwise, the rooms are nice, comfortable and quiet (except when the fire alarms sound!)

Reviewed 9 October 2021

Perfect location,perfect rooms, perfect service, perfect complimentary breakfast, perfect everything! I would definitely stay here again. If I didn’t have a car as the garage is nit as close to the hôtel as I would prefer.

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 9 October 2021

Hotel is fairly new nice big rooms clean friendly staff walking distance to restaurant and a bit further to college town and Cornell . Breakfast is OK standard no big deal . Parking (city) is a block away at ok rates