Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Lol.travel
Hotels.com
All reviews taking food front desk room door didn t work light sleeper fitness center enjoyed our stay top floor two nights upstate ny room was spacious buttermilk falls a great stay free breakfast bagels ihg downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 July 2022 via mobile

Great location. Clean, safe and well maintained. Breakfast was good - plenty of options. Pool was nice but they never stocked towels or cleaned up. No housekeeping service FYI. Room was spacious and modern. We enjoyed our stay and would return.

Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed 20 July 2022 via mobile

3.5 stars overall … general hotel cleanliness and our room = 5+ … staff = 3.

Our final night on a four-day motorcycle ride through upstate NY, we had a pleasant check-in and found our room to be huge and super clean … except for the fact a previous guest’s leftover food (including a full pint of ice-cream) was still in the fridge………..

Breakfast was included (it was simple, but it’s always a bonus to have it included!), and even though I found the beds too soft for my liking, one of my friends commented, “it’s like sleeping on a cloud!”. Awwww. And oh, we love the Dove!!!

Unfortunately, the staff member at the front desk throughout our stay was new and she didn’t seem to know much each time we asked. They also seemed understaffed and the woman in question was never at the front desk when we visited — we had to ring the small bell each time and we felt bad as we needed her often (for spoons — she didn’t know where to find them, for a car to be moved so we could park our motorcycles (it was never moved), and each of the four times our room keys stopped working…).

A few other negatives:

- we could hear people thumping/loud footsteps all night in the room above us

- the fridge froze (and ruined) all our food overnight :(

- the microwave didn’t work

- our room door didn’t shut unless we slammed it — this was a security concern and no doubt very annoying for other guests, which made us feel bad every time we left/entered the room

These negatives aside, the location was very good (an easy walk to nearby grocery stores, gas stations and restaurants), despite some dodgy characters walking around … and I’m sure with more time in her role, the new staff member will improve!

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank ModernWanderers
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi ModernWanderers,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay. We appreciate you choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ithaca, NY for your visit.

Our goal has always been to provide our guests with the best hospitality service, and I am sorry for what you encountered during your stay. I shared your sentiments with our local management and trust that this will be used to better ourselves in the future.

Again, thanks for the feedback. We hope to welcome you back!

Always,

Riz E.

Reviewed 17 June 2022 via mobile

After we checked in, the person at the reception informed us there was no housekeeping services provided during our 5 nights stay ( which was never mentioned to us before) and that we could pit our garbage bags in the corridor to be picked up. She said we could give the towels to the recepoif needed to get fresh ones but no cleaning services.
To top things, when we decided to leave and asked for a refund since such an essential part of hotel service was missing they simply refused to refund us our 2000+ Dollars

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi ghadayared,

I appreciate that you reached out to us and let us know about this concern. Thank you for being our IHG One Rewards Club member and for choosing Holiday Inn Express And Suites Ithaca.

Our Hotel aim to provide the best service. I am sorry for what happened during your stay with us. Your concern has been documented and shared with our hotel management as a reference for improvement. I have also sent you a private message to discuss this further.

Your business with IHG is appreciated. I hope you stay with us again.

Crisel V.

Reviewed 11 June 2022 via mobile

Everything was dirty. The room. The front desk had the same coffee spill for our entire stay. Hair balls on the pool deck and in the water. It's clear that whoever is responsible for cleaning just doesn't care. Don't see myself staying at a Holiday Inn again anytime soon.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2022

Hello chliwili,

Thank you for telling us about your experience with us during your stay at our hotel. This will indeed help us improve for you and other future guests. I apologize for not meeting some of your expectations, and I have shared your sentiment with our management to ensure proper action is taken. Nothing makes us happier than delivering the best experience to our beloved guests.

We are deeply thankful for choosing our establishment for your accommodation. We hope to serve you again soon.

Alejandro G.

Reviewed 14 May 2022

I stayed one night on business. As far as I know, my stay did not line up with any special events in the area, so I was surprised how expensive the room was. My room was nice, everything was clean and comfortable. Check in and check out could not have been quicker or easier. The bed was unusually high but did not cause me problems. My room was right next to the highway and traffic was pretty loud. Fortunately it didn't wake me during the night but a light sleeper would definitely want a room in the back instead. I experienced no real problems, but a few minor annoyances. For some reason, I had trouble at first getting both of my devices onto the network. The water pressure was a little low for the shower head, which was pretty much able only to pour water straight down. At (an otherwise good) breakfast, the orange juice dispenser was pouring just slightly orange water and I never found anyone to ask to put in a new one.

Room tip: Light sleepers should ask for a room away from the main road.
Date of stay: May 2022