Lowest prices for your stay
$319
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com$301
Priceline$301
Travelocity$301
All reviews taking food front desk room door didn t work light sleeper fitness center enjoyed our stay top floor upstate ny room was spacious buttermilk falls a great stay two nights free breakfast bagels downtown microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 June 2022 via mobile

Everything was dirty. The room. The front desk had the same coffee spill for our entire stay. Hair balls on the pool deck and in the water. It's clear that whoever is responsible for cleaning just doesn't care. Don't see myself staying at a Holiday Inn again anytime soon.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2022

Hello chliwili,

Thank you for telling us about your experience with us during your stay at our hotel. This will indeed help us improve for you and other future guests. I apologize for not meeting some of your expectations, and I have shared your sentiment with our management to ensure proper action is taken. Nothing makes us happier than delivering the best experience to our beloved guests.

We are deeply thankful for choosing our establishment for your accommodation. We hope to serve you again soon.

Alejandro G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 14 May 2022

I stayed one night on business. As far as I know, my stay did not line up with any special events in the area, so I was surprised how expensive the room was. My room was nice, everything was clean and comfortable. Check in and check out could not have been quicker or easier. The bed was unusually high but did not cause me problems. My room was right next to the highway and traffic was pretty loud. Fortunately it didn't wake me during the night but a light sleeper would definitely want a room in the back instead. I experienced no real problems, but a few minor annoyances. For some reason, I had trouble at first getting both of my devices onto the network. The water pressure was a little low for the shower head, which was pretty much able only to pour water straight down. At (an otherwise good) breakfast, the orange juice dispenser was pouring just slightly orange water and I never found anyone to ask to put in a new one.

Room tip: Light sleepers should ask for a room away from the main road.
Date of stay: May 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank jtdriver
Reviewed 25 December 2021

Average service quality: This hotel refused to provide a proof for overnight stay, the staff had no name tag, nor was professional, saying no printer, unable to print, and that I must return at 10am to speak with the hotel manager, they had no power.

Too many signs at the café entrance, and not intuitive enough to follow for COVID policy. Mandated guests wearing glove when taking food, but placed spoons on the counter without plates, which felt unclean, the counter surface may have germs.

Other issues from the hotel room:
1) Bed too high, unsafe for seniors
2) Toilet paper not at least 75% full
3) Paint fell off from a blue mobile desk on the edge
4) Hair found at the corner of the bathroom underneath the trash can
5) Transparent scotch tape on the edge of the bathroom countertop
6) Lack of nighttime sleeping light
7) Some trash debris found on the hallway in front of Rooms 328-330
8) Next to a main street in Ithaca, trucks/motorcycle running since 3am. Asked to change the room right after check-in but got denied.

Did not feel the hotel listens to customers nor care about making the stay enjoyable for them. Seems like they care more about enforcing their policies and rules.

Date of stay: December 2021
1  Thank Geminican
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2022

Hi Geminican,

Thanks for your review and for staying with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations. I am sorry to learn the general upkeep and cleanliness of our hotel greatly impacted your stay. IHG Hotels and Resorts sincerely cares about your experience, and I appreciate you for letting us know. I have shared your comments with hotel management and am confident they will take steps to improve your lodging experience.

Many thanks for your feedback. I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a better stay.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 3 November 2021 via mobile

In general this was an OK hotel with nice amenities like the pool and breakfast. The room was sort of clean, although the shower could use a good bleaching. My biggest beef was the lack of toilet paper. Seriously there were only eight pieces of toilet paper left and no extra roll left. In addition, there was only two pieces of tissue. This wasn’t going to go far for a family of five, even for one day. Oh, and we found a towel with what looked like poop. The staff happily gave us toilet paper when we walked down to pick it up since they were short staffed that night. The pool area was very nice, but the ragged hand towels supplied left a lot to be desired. Perhaps this is a sign of times and the staffing shortage we are experiencing everywhere.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2021 via mobile

We very much enjoyed our stay at Holiday inn express. We wish that we would have been able to stay two nights here but they were both of the day prior unfortunately. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Room was quiet. Layout and decor of room is modern. The hotel is in a good location to downtown Ithaca. The shower water pressure was great. The breakfast was plentiful. Also, this price was lower than the Fairfield inn & suites that we stayed in at horseheads and had a much better value to it. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple