Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$201
Booking.com$201
Hotels.com$201
Priceline$201
Travelocity$201
FindHotel$201
All reviews taking food front desk light sleeper fitness center top floor enjoyed our stay stayed nights buttermilk falls beds were comfortable a great stay free breakfast bagels downtown appliances college hiking
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 December 2021

Average service quality: This hotel refused to provide a proof for overnight stay, the staff had no name tag, nor was professional, saying no printer, unable to print, and that I must return at 10am to speak with the hotel manager, they had no power.

Too many signs at the café entrance, and not intuitive enough to follow for COVID policy. Mandated guests wearing glove when taking food, but placed spoons on the counter without plates, which felt unclean, the counter surface may have germs.

Other issues from the hotel room:
1) Bed too high, unsafe for seniors
2) Toilet paper not at least 75% full
3) Paint fell off from a blue mobile desk on the edge
4) Hair found at the corner of the bathroom underneath the trash can
5) Transparent scotch tape on the edge of the bathroom countertop
6) Lack of nighttime sleeping light
7) Some trash debris found on the hallway in front of Rooms 328-330
8) Next to a main street in Ithaca, trucks/motorcycle running since 3am. Asked to change the room right after check-in but got denied.

Did not feel the hotel listens to customers nor care about making the stay enjoyable for them. Seems like they care more about enforcing their policies and rules.

Date of stay: December 2021
1  Thank Geminican
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2022

Hi Geminican,

Thanks for your review and for staying with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations. I am sorry to learn the general upkeep and cleanliness of our hotel greatly impacted your stay. IHG Hotels and Resorts sincerely cares about your experience, and I appreciate you for letting us know. I have shared your comments with hotel management and am confident they will take steps to improve your lodging experience.

Many thanks for your feedback. I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a better stay.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 3 November 2021 via mobile

In general this was an OK hotel with nice amenities like the pool and breakfast. The room was sort of clean, although the shower could use a good bleaching. My biggest beef was the lack of toilet paper. Seriously there were only eight pieces of toilet paper left and no extra roll left. In addition, there was only two pieces of tissue. This wasn’t going to go far for a family of five, even for one day. Oh, and we found a towel with what looked like poop. The staff happily gave us toilet paper when we walked down to pick it up since they were short staffed that night. The pool area was very nice, but the ragged hand towels supplied left a lot to be desired. Perhaps this is a sign of times and the staffing shortage we are experiencing everywhere.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2021 via mobile

We very much enjoyed our stay at Holiday inn express. We wish that we would have been able to stay two nights here but they were both of the day prior unfortunately. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Room was quiet. Layout and decor of room is modern. The hotel is in a good location to downtown Ithaca. The shower water pressure was great. The breakfast was plentiful. Also, this price was lower than the Fairfield inn & suites that we stayed in at horseheads and had a much better value to it. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2021 via mobile

We had stayed at 50-100 Holiday Inn Express hotels and this one is now the top of our list. The breakfast was what really impressed us. They offered 5 kinds of milk, including chocolate and soy milk. Guests were offered gloves when taking food. Trays and take-out boxes were readily available to take food to the room. Fresh whole fruits were in good supply. And the breakfast hour runs until 10am even for weekdays. Their rooms are good, clean and functional but the breakfast is head and shoulders above other Holiday Inn Expresses.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2021

Let me start this with I get it, all places have a bad day or days.
I have never written a negative review. I would just never return. This was so bad I wrote a letter to the General manager Daniel, Nothing no response back. Again, I have never even written a negative letter, just wouldn't return. The room was not clean at all. There was hair from previous guest ALL OVER BATHROOM FLOOR. When I asked if someone could bring me a couple of extra towels as I used them to clean floor, I was informed that housekeeping would not be cleaning room for my entire three day stay. I had to go into fitness center to grab towels to clean my own floor. Going into fitness center was just as bad, as empty hand sanitizers were empty and there was no spray that I could use to clean my bathroom floor.

Room tip: book another hotel.
Date of stay: June 2021