Lowest prices for your stay
$319
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com$301
Priceline$301
Travelocity$301
All reviews taking food front desk room door didn t work light sleeper fitness center enjoyed our stay top floor upstate ny room was spacious buttermilk falls a great stay two nights free breakfast bagels downtown microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 October 2021 via mobile

We very much enjoyed our stay at Holiday inn express. We wish that we would have been able to stay two nights here but they were both of the day prior unfortunately. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Room was quiet. Layout and decor of room is modern. The hotel is in a good location to downtown Ithaca. The shower water pressure was great. The breakfast was plentiful. Also, this price was lower than the Fairfield inn & suites that we stayed in at horseheads and had a much better value to it. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2021 via mobile

We had stayed at 50-100 Holiday Inn Express hotels and this one is now the top of our list. The breakfast was what really impressed us. They offered 5 kinds of milk, including chocolate and soy milk. Guests were offered gloves when taking food. Trays and take-out boxes were readily available to take food to the room. Fresh whole fruits were in good supply. And the breakfast hour runs until 10am even for weekdays. Their rooms are good, clean and functional but the breakfast is head and shoulders above other Holiday Inn Expresses.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2021

Let me start this with I get it, all places have a bad day or days.
I have never written a negative review. I would just never return. This was so bad I wrote a letter to the General manager Daniel, Nothing no response back. Again, I have never even written a negative letter, just wouldn't return. The room was not clean at all. There was hair from previous guest ALL OVER BATHROOM FLOOR. When I asked if someone could bring me a couple of extra towels as I used them to clean floor, I was informed that housekeeping would not be cleaning room for my entire three day stay. I had to go into fitness center to grab towels to clean my own floor. Going into fitness center was just as bad, as empty hand sanitizers were empty and there was no spray that I could use to clean my bathroom floor.

Room tip: book another hotel.
Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 3 August 2021

Ithaca was a great town but our stay ended on a downer as this hotel kept our deposit. We left the room in good order, checked out and all was good. However, when my credit card arrived they had not refunded the deposit. I called them and was told it was an error and my deposit would be returned. I waited...it never arrived!
This hotel has a private owner as it is franchised. The manager - Cassidy Fox - refused to discuss the issue and told me she was the highest management and her decision was final - they were keeping my $100! I suspect a scam as there is no way to dispute this.
Please ask the staff to check your room when you leave and get them to refund your deposit while you are there.

Date of stay: June 2021
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2021

Hi heidipK9446EC,

Thank you for your visit to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ithaca. Our hotel offers a quality stay in an environment of simplicity and luxury. I read your message, and I am sorry that your deposit was not refunded and the interaction with the managers.

I understand your disappointment about these matters. I sent your review to our managers. They will review everything that has happened and take the proper steps to prevent these issues from happening again. I sent you a personal message so we can discuss your stay further.

We invite you to visit us in your future stay. We will provide you with the quality service that you expect from us.

Our best regards,

Oscar C.
Case Manager
IHG Service

Reviewed 27 July 2021

We had a great stay at the hotel. The location was perfect (we walked to Buttermilk Falls and all the shopping). The hotel felt new, was quiet and clean! It is as all the other guests wrote.

BUT…

Management should be aware of the “free breakfast”. There was limited food which shocked us and the second day even less. We were told (can’t make this up) that the reason that there was no bread or bagels was because of covid. We filled out a form for what we wanted, the staff prepared our requests and that was it. No seconds allowed. For the money we paid, it was unacceptable. I am sure that hotel owners subcontract out the food service – time to find someone that manages to serve delicacies like peanut butter or whitebread.

Room tip: Quiet overall - we request away from the main road
Date of stay: July 2021