Lowest prices for your stay
$319
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com$301
Priceline$301
Travelocity$301
All reviews taking food front desk room door didn t work light sleeper fitness center enjoyed our stay top floor upstate ny room was spacious buttermilk falls a great stay two nights free breakfast bagels downtown microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 August 2021

Ithaca was a great town but our stay ended on a downer as this hotel kept our deposit. We left the room in good order, checked out and all was good. However, when my credit card arrived they had not refunded the deposit. I called them and was told it was an error and my deposit would be returned. I waited...it never arrived!
This hotel has a private owner as it is franchised. The manager - Cassidy Fox - refused to discuss the issue and told me she was the highest management and her decision was final - they were keeping my $100! I suspect a scam as there is no way to dispute this.
Please ask the staff to check your room when you leave and get them to refund your deposit while you are there.

Date of stay: June 2021
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2021

Hi heidipK9446EC,

Thank you for your visit to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ithaca. Our hotel offers a quality stay in an environment of simplicity and luxury. I read your message, and I am sorry that your deposit was not refunded and the interaction with the managers.

I understand your disappointment about these matters. I sent your review to our managers. They will review everything that has happened and take the proper steps to prevent these issues from happening again. I sent you a personal message so we can discuss your stay further.

We invite you to visit us in your future stay. We will provide you with the quality service that you expect from us.

Our best regards,

Oscar C.
Case Manager
IHG Service

Reviewed 27 July 2021

We had a great stay at the hotel. The location was perfect (we walked to Buttermilk Falls and all the shopping). The hotel felt new, was quiet and clean! It is as all the other guests wrote.

BUT…

Management should be aware of the “free breakfast”. There was limited food which shocked us and the second day even less. We were told (can’t make this up) that the reason that there was no bread or bagels was because of covid. We filled out a form for what we wanted, the staff prepared our requests and that was it. No seconds allowed. For the money we paid, it was unacceptable. I am sure that hotel owners subcontract out the food service – time to find someone that manages to serve delicacies like peanut butter or whitebread.

Room tip: Quiet overall - we request away from the main road
Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 24 July 2021 via mobile

I stayed there for two days and did a lot of hiking! Great spot! The only thing I would say is try and get a room on top floor! Because the walls are very thin so you can here walking. You can’t here anything else ! I do advise visit as many waterfalls as possible

Room tip: They are very clean. I did get sick from there from the warm food for breakfast. Small menu.
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2021

Hotel was very nice. Managed Covid well, good policies and staff. Great breakfast, staff make little bags of food to order.

Hotel and room felt very new. Everything was clean and well maintained.

Perfect experience.

Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 21 March 2021 via mobile

The hotel is clean, convenient and has. Great value. Why ruin that with horrible Spectrum TV and slow WiFi. Bad enough to consider other options as I work from the hotel when staying here. I am adding more because it has to be at least 200 characters

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ithaca, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2021

Hi JobBonZoni,

I am glad you left feedback. Thanks for staying at our Holiday Inn Express Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ithaca!

We always wanted our guests to have a delightful stay, no matter what the purpose of the travel is. While I'm glad about your positive feedback on our cleanliness and convenience, I'm sorry to learn that your experience turned sour due to your disappointment with the TV and Wifi connection. I went ahead and shared your thoughts with the team so that necessary actions can be taken to promote improvement.

We look forward to hosting you again for a chance to provide you with a much better experience.

Cheers,