Lowest prices for your stay
$304
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Marriott Hotels
$304
Trip.com
$291
Expedia.com$318
Hotels.com$318
Destinia.com$424
All reviews parking garage concierge lounge green st front desk low to the ground platform bed pedestrian walkway platinum member ramen within walking distance corner suite housekeeping service hotel restaurant construction site restaurant row two queen beds perfect hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2021

While each stay and experience is different I can’t understand the negative staff reviews of this hotel. Unless there was a complete staff turn over in the past couple months we found the employees throughout the hotel to be nothing short of amazing. The valet was staffed and extremely prompt (you have to give 30 minutes notice to get your car but our car was always ready early). The front desk and bell service were very kind and welcoming and always willing to help. We needed additional towels and toiletries during our stay and within 30 minutes an ample supply was delivered. The bartender at the restaurant was incredibly kind and engaging not to mention going above and beyond for my daughter’s order. From our limited observations every guest was treated equally and with respect. Throughout our stay the staff did the small things which we greatly appreciated. We really enjoyed our stay and no question we will be back

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Ithaca Marriott Downtown Management , Sales at Ithaca Marriott Downtown on the Commons, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2021

Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. I will definitely relay this review to our team as this is how we strive to treat each guest every time. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed 30 August 2021

This is a perfect hotel in terms of location - next to the beginning of the pedestrian walkway of the Ithaca Commons. You couldn't have a better home base.

Valet Parking is key - it's a busy street and one of the parking structures is being worked on.

There is a nice restaurant and bar in the lobby - big windows allow lots of natural light. There is an outdoor patio for dinner.

The rooms are decent. Clean and roomy. The property is newer, so things are still pretty clean and modern.

Overall - it's not the Four Seasons - but you won't find that in Ithaca. If you are visiting your Cornellian, this is a great home base from which to operate.

1  Thank LuxeFamilyFun

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us while you were visiting your Cornellian. Looking forward to hosting you at our property again in the future!

Reviewed 20 August 2021 via mobile

No bellboys. No in-room safe. No room upgrade even though I’m titanium elite. Restaurant was full and closes at 9:30pm and couldn’t take us. Generally not good enough to be a Marriott. Would be better suited to be one of their cheaper brands. I will advise later further into the stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Cathy Hart, General Manager at Ithaca Marriott Downtown on the Commons, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2021

I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay. Our restaurant has not been able to return to normal operating levels due to staffing issues unfortunately. I'm sorry we could not offer an upgrade to you-we only have 8 suites and all were taken already due to the busy move-in of the colleges. Best-Cathy

Reviewed 11 August 2021 via mobile

Everything about this stay was great. Hotel staff were very accommodating of us when choosing our rooms. Rooms were clean and well maintained. Our only issue was not knowing the garage was closed so we used valet which was quite busy always.

1  Thank bklynred

Thank you for being loyal to us. The garage right next door to us should be reopened by March 2022.

Reviewed 18 July 2021

I have stayed in this hotel a several times pre-COVID and have loved it. Great location and the rooms were nicely appointed and clean. So, of course, given the pandemic I fully expected the rooms to be cleaned above and beyond pre-COVID normals. This was not the case. During my recent one night stay I was disgusted to see old toenail clippings on the bathroom floor. Had it not been so late at night I would have immediately requested a new room. To make matters worse, when I reported this to the front desk when checking out, the person was completely nonchalant about it! I would have expected a horrified reaction of embarrassment and apology!! But no--it was like no surprise! So of course I now question the cleanliness of the rooms in general for the parts that aren't visible to the naked eye. Given the COVID variants circulating I find this extremely worrisome! This low cleaning standard is really inexcusable in this day and age!

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank Highwaymama
Cathy Hart, General Manager at Ithaca Marriott Downtown on the Commons, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2021

Oh no! I am so so sorry for this! Not only the issue but more importantly the reaction when you reported it. I hope we have to honor of another chance with you to show you we know how to do things right. Cathy