“Best staff and steak”
Review of Mac's Steakhouse

Mac's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Mac's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 251 Restaurants in Huntington
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 100
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New York Avenue
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

What a wonderful hidden gem of a steakhouse. Exemplary young man is the mgr who facilitated our special dinner.His attention to detail, exemplary customer service and made a wonderful evening Parking is AWESOME, prices right and steak prime quality

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Food and service is descent, but can do better in Huntington. My family has been eating at this restaurant pretty frequently for the past few years but have stopped recently.

The valet driver crashed my car while parking, and I was given such a hard time by both Mac's Steakhouse and the parking company that I -- A
COLLEGE STUDENT BURIED IN DEBT -- HAD TO PAY FOR THE DAMAGES.

The restaurant hires a third party parking service to valet park their cars and when I first spoke to Mac's about it, they told me I have to contact the parking company. After calling the parking company several times and never hearing back, I go back to Mac's and speak to their management again about it and they tell me they will get in touch with them for me.. I never heard from the company the parking company or Mac's so I had to go back yet again a week later.. Days after that I get a call from the parking company saying that the parking attendant denied that he did any of the damage! I never heard back from them since. I went back to the restaurant to discuss the situation, but the manager refused to speak with me. After going back and forth to Mac's because of this giant headache and the problem not seeming to be getting solved, I finally admitted defeat and paid the damages myself.

Maybe they thought they could take advantage of me because of my age, but the way they approached and handled the problem was unprofessional and my family will not be eating there again.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Great service, food and atmosphere.in a ding room where tables give the diner some room to enjoy the meal, and the huge portions on the plate. My guest and I enjoyed a perfectly cooked medium rare 16 ounce filet mignon and even larger veal chop with mashed potatoes, creamed spinach and broccoli sides that melted in our mouths all for a very reasonable price compared to other first class steakhouses on Long Island. We sampled appetizers of lump crab meat combined with avocado and tomato salad, and the short ribs with horseradish sauce. Both were outstanding. To end our meal we opted for coffee served with real cream and enjoyed a caramel upside down cheesecake that was so creamy it was as good tasting as any offering from cheesecake factory. The waitstaff hovered near our table thruoutt the evening, always pouring water and asking how we were enjoying our dinner,.and since we were non alcoholics there was no pressure for us to order drinks. Mac's is a comfortable venue and it is highly rrecommended for all it has to offer.

1  Thank SMK2
Reviewed 7 November 2017

We've been here a number of times for lunch and dinner and we've never been disappointed. Great steaks and a friendly, welcoming atmosphere. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Went to Mac's Steakhouse for the first time for my husband's and I anniversary. The ambiance was the perfect setting. Our waitress, Emily, was awesome. We were very impressed with her knowledge of the menu and wine. She made great suggestions and was very attentive to our table, as well as others. My husband ordered the skirt steak, while I ordered the swordfish, both were cooked to perfection with lots of flavor. My husband splurged on the Banana Foster and enjoyed every morsel. We will definitely be back again!

1  Thank botonybay7