“The not so Juan's way ”

Stella Blue
Ranked #92 of 246 Restaurants in Huntington
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

The food that I've experienced there has always been good but, the service is a bit lacking. The Juan's Way Sandwich is great and my personal favorite but, there was one time where I ordered this to go and when I got back to where I was staying I opened the bag to find that they had only given me a crossaint. Not sure how they got those mixed up but, either way it was a serious lack of attention on their part. Also, their acai bowls are good are ok, if you add honey to it and mix it around it's pretty good. It's not a bad place but be sure to double check what they give you if you're getting something to go.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Love the set up at this cozy little cafe. Unfortunately, although when the food is done right, it's great, that is not usually the case. We were regulars until today, kept giving it a chance to see improvements. Our orders came out consistently wrong and when we ate in, we had to send them back. Our complaints were met with the owners lack of concern (it is what it is, they said) attitude. Today though, was mind blowing. I have been on a vegan diet for 5 weeks now and went in specifically because they have several vegan options. I ordered the vegan grilled cheese, and was told they didn't have vegan cheese, but when they did it came from Trader Joes. I asked when they would have it, so I would know when to come back. The owner went into the back and took a really long time and came out with an attitude and said " Yeah, we will get it back, but not for today" NO DUH! I asked when they would have it and got an nasty lecture about how they have a large menu and it changes....and I cannot expect to always have vegan cheese" Then he had the audacity to say "they told me in the back that you used to order regular cheese, so get that" or don't get cheese. He then asked me if I was Sandy, who wrote the bad yelp review. I pointed out that i was not, but i was with Sandy. He then raised his voice, ranted and asked to not come back. He drew attention to himself with his undisciplined behavior and ultimately said that they goaded him the back and he was upset. Not sure they know anything about actual food prep or storage, organic versus conventional and certainly wouldn't trust anything labeled VEGAN. Bad behavior all around. They just lost me for good.

1  Thank PIA666
Reviewed 22 May 2017

I have been here a couple of times for some great breakfasts so I thought I have lunch, it turned out to be a wise idea. I just love the 60s decor and music. I had the chicklet sandwich which is organic chicken with fresh mozzarella cheese and roasted peppers. It was very good The unsweetened iced tea was also very good and I will be back.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

My absolute favourite cafe in Huntington, great for breakfast, lunch or just tea, cake and a chat with friends, never hurried, food cooked to order, wonderful cakes and protein bars. Relaxed with a hippy feel, I happily spend a few hours in there. Not only a great cafe but they also sell a great array of ethical jewellery, which I seem to end up buying a new piece each time i visit. Always make a point of going in when I am in the area.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Stopped at Stella Blue again for breakfast. It is quite the place, very 60ish. It brings back many memories. The tables and chairs are eclectic, I don't think any two are alike.
Great pictures of old time bands on the walls and the music is fantastic.Oh yeah, the food is outstanding. I had an onion and pepper omelette and my wife had a cheese omelette, both very good. I can highly recommend this restaurant. I've been here before and will be here again.