My husband and I visited Oheka last year on a day trip and were delighted with the property......so, we went back last week for an overnight stay and came home delighted.......this is a castle, it is a home, it is grand, it is cozy, it is magnificent and it is warm.....everything about this hotel is special....it was rescued and reborn....it is home and it is shared with all.......Part of what makes your stay special is that the owners do live there and love to chat with their guests......all the rooms have photos that show what sad condition the building was in and the glory it is now.....the breakfast that comes with your stay is a continental one...but the food is superb....even the fruit was great.....I ordered from their breakfast menu, had french toast and was so pleased with it......This is a great getaway and makes a great gift! Our room was small but attractive......the only negative I had was that the jets in the bath tub did not work well at all and I could not use it.....also, my husband felt the lighting in our room could have been better......they even turn down the beds at night.....this was really nice....would have liked a piece of chocolate on my pillow...even a hershey kiss.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- OHEKA CASTLE is a majestic historic mansion located on Long Island's famed Gold Coast between New York City and The Hamptons. This French-style chateau is the second largest private residence in America and has undergone $30 million in restoration to transform this stately home back to its former 1920's grandeur. OHEKA is listed on the National Register for Historic Places and boasts 32 luxuriously appointed guestrooms and suites on the upper floors where guests can sleep like royalty. Guests can enjoy a leisurely stroll around the beautiful formal gardens designed by the Olmsted Brothers, take a mansion tour and learn about the rich history of OHEKA and Otto Kahn, or dine in the OHEKA Bar and Restaurant before retiring to your uniquely designed guestroom for an in-room massage. Breathtakingly beautiful, OHEKA CASTLE is admired around the world as a premier venue for exquisite weddings and gala celebrations and has been the backdrop to many prominent film and photo productions. The refined European atmosphere and the feeling of being transported back in time to the decadence of the Roaring Twenties consistently gives OHEKA the recognition as America's Grandest Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Oheka Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oheka Castle Huntington, Long Island
- Oheka Castle Hotel Huntington