“Sunday Night Dinner”
Review of Swallow Restaurant

Swallow Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Swallow Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 249 Restaurants in Huntington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I was visiting a friend and we went out for dinner on Sunday to be greeted with good service (was quiet in the restaurant) and patience to assist with the menu and no dairy preferences. The butternut squash cappuccino was fantastic and my favorite, but overall enjoyed the menu.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Started with three Talulah's and a French Martini. All perfect and served by an excellent waiter. Menu has so many great choices and most priced between $13 to $20.
We over ordered! Each serving splits between four diners fairly well. Some are so rich and creamy - The Orzo Mac n Cheese and Shrimp n Grits - that you may fill up quickly. Add these to the Burger Sliders, Fried Calamari, Tempura Asparagus, Steamed Clams, Steak three way on Toast and the Chicken Tortilla. While we lamented our gluttony we still enjoyed each selection. Pacing was spot on!
Highly recommend any of the above but I will make a return trip for the Shrimp and Grits and my spouse for the Orzo Mac n Cheese.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We have lived in Huntington for a long time, we wanted to try Swallow on a weeknight, so we walk in and Miss Frownie Face says "do you have a reservation", I looked around and there were many available tables, I responded no we do not, and she replied "im sorry we cant seat you this evening" we are fully booked. We walked across the street to Meehans and grabbed a table at the window, I made it a point to watch for the next hour and those tables were never used. Maybe they didn't like the way we looked? I wont be going back.

If you read this Swallow, this is Huntington not NYC, you should cater to the locals, because if we don't like you eventually there will be a new fad restaurant for the snobs to flock to and you will be out of business.

1  Thank jfachner72
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

This tapas focused restaurant has a full bar and separate dining room. Minimalist designed with good service only adds to the dining experience. Plates are small but savory. Great variety of selections to satisfy every taste. Enjoy every bite!

Reviewed 19 January 2018

I have been here at least 5 times. I have NEVER BEEN DISAPPOINTED!
The first time, by myself in the summer, sitting at a table near the large open area off the sidewalk that made it extra cool for people watching while I dined alone.

The vibe....Cool- Industrial furnishings with hip feel, and servers who match the atmosphere with their energy and attentiveness. I love the open layout and you can see the kitchen from every seat in the dining area.

I come here to eat great food. I love tapas (and I may share or not, depending).
I have had the fried quinoa, asparagus fries and recommend both. A creative menu for everyone to find something for their palate, I have had other delicious bites (having also eaten at Swallow East in Montauk) that keep me COMING BACK WITH FRIENDS!

The cocktails are amazing. I recommend the Bloody Mary and Talulah (tequila cocktail with strawberries and jalepeno).
Also,I love the artwork in this place! Scribbled black markers on glass, depicting famous people (Mozart, Hendrix, Elvis).