“Poor service”

Fado
Ranked #13 of 238 Restaurants in Huntington
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Only open a few months
Reviewed 11 July 2017

it was 90 minutes before getting a surprise salad. There were three of us and it was slapped down at the fourth empty seat. We were told "it was for the table." If I had known I wouldn't have ordered a scallops dish that came on a bed of greens.

There was another long wait before the entrees arrived. Mine tasted good but both of my companions ordered chicken and didn't like it at all.

We went somewhere else for dessert.

Our waiter said it was his third night working there so that explains a lot.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

This is my second visit to fado. The first time my husband had the Cornish hen and I had the seafood with rice. Both meals were amazingly flavorful. This time I had the traditional chicken stew and my husband had the fish excellent. Prices are about $28 a dish. Plentiful portions

Reviewed 4 July 2017

This small restaurant serves an extensive menu of Portuguese dishes, generally very well prepared. The portions are quite large, and the prices reasonable. For most of us at our table, appetizer plus entree plus dessert was too much food. The all-Portuguese wine list was impressive. Service was quite good. They take reservations only for parties of 8 or more; we arrived around 6 PM on a Sunday night and were seated immediately. We all had seafood of one sort or another, which was quite tasty; the octopus was particularly good. Coconut custard pie, served warm, was a good dessert. They have a separate room which can accommodate large groups.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

4.5 stars is more accurate. Wonderful service and homey ambiance. Wonderful bread and olives, very nice house wines. Lightly dressed salad came with our dinners. Well cooked Branzio was served with great roasted potatoes. Good broiled, very tender octopus with really good garlic broccoli (neither of our favorite veggie) and their simple but wonderful cabbage rice (last time it had more cabbage and was better). I like more char on my octopus and a bit more flavor. Extra plates made it easy to share. We don't usually clean our plates, but we did. The cappuccino was unusually good. We had a groupon, but without it, prices were reasonable. I wish we were closer, as there were many things we wanted to try.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Fado was an excellent choice to have a quick, satisfying meal before heading over to the Paramount Theater. The location is the perfect distance to walk off a flavorful meal in a cosy ten table setting.