“Great place”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Gerard Street
Transit: Huntington train station on the Long Island Rail Road.
Description: Allow the 150 gallon salt water tank and our Mahogany laced lounge be the perfect setting for this newly renovated seafood chophouse. Black and Blue features all natural ingredients, which makes it the perfect place to satisfy all your fine dining cravings.
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

I had a group dinner with 10 other business associates. We were seated in the back room on a Tuesday night at 7:30 p.m. It wasn't very crowded.

The service was respectable, with the waitress being very friendly. Her visits back to the table to check on needs could have been more often, but frequent enough to take care of us.

I had four oysters on the half shell for appetizer. They were very AWESOME!. Main course was 18 oz. boneless ribeye having bleu cheese butter sauce with broccoli side. It was fantastic (but ever so slightly undercooked to my "medium" order).

Everyone else raved about their food. The manager when he sat is told us they had 867 ingredients and could make just about anything we wanted.

Definitely will return my next trip to Long Island.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

We tried this restaurant during an unfortunate day. They are understaffed.

Arriving 30 mins early for our dinner reservation we were told to wait. When a walk-in with the same number of person in their party came in a couple of minutes later, they were told that 30 minutes will be their wait time! Whats the point of a reservation then?!

We were seated 45 minutes after entering their door standing all those waiting time.

Service was really slow and its Restaurant week so the place was packed. We were told that many of the staff were sick and they have no replacement. The girl who was suppose to man the front desk was running all over the place helping out. The service during that time might be bad but the food was good.

We avail of their 3-course prix fixe. I have the Thai calamari as appetizer, Salmon as entree and vanilla gelato as dessert. I cleaned them all up! My companions also enjoyed their food. Can not give a higher rating thou due to the poor service.

We might came back in the future if in the area and just hope that they have full complement to do their food justice.

Parking during peak times is bothersome.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We went to this restaurant expecting a nice meal. It was Restaurant Week here and we like to try different places. First off, Arturo, our waiter was excellent!!! Our meal however, not so much. My husband ordered the Filet Mignon medium rare. I ordered the daily special of shrimp and scallops over risotto with a lobster reduction ( sounded great). The short rib app was excellent as was the Thai chili calamari app. Our meals arrived and the filet was well done. My risotto was bland and the scallops under cooked. When Arturo asked about our meal, we only told him about the Filet. He said he would speak to the chef. ....... nothing. The best part of our meal was the mango sorbet and the hazelnut gelato, I’m sure they were not made on the premises. We were never told that the entree of the day had a $10 upcharge ( 3 small shrimp and 3 scallops), the filet had a $10 upcharge listed on the menu) and they didn’t even remove the upcharge for the poorly cooked filet. Needless to say, we will not be returning to Black and Blue. PS the valet guy was very polite and friendly.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 13 November 2017

We had a lovely lunch sitting near the fireplace...I had the oven roasted turkey wrap, which was excellent and my date had the BB Burger both served with French fries. The atmosphere was pleasant, the food good and the service friendly though a little slow as there was only one waiter, but the restaurant is small.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

So went for brunch with my girlfriend this past weekend. We got there a little before they start serving brunch so we went to the bar. We ordered 2 bloody Marys, which were just ok. A little after 11 we were seated, carried our dri ks to the table and soon were ready to order. We realized the menu had unlimited bloody Marys for $1 more than we paid at the bar so I asked the waiter to upcharge the difference as we would like another. He asked where we had paid for them, which given the circumstances was a silly question. When I said at the bar he replied well then I can't so that. I asked why not and said cause you paid for them at the bar. I pushed back that it is the same establishment isn't it. He said yes but there was no way for him to "do it". So I was about to ask for the manager but he then said ok. It set a terrible tone for the meal and was just bad. The food was actually good and his service was quiet but ok after that. However I did hear him talking to another table about how there were no substitutions for items on the brunch menu. Doesn't seem that they or this waiter had their priorities right. We left him a decent tip cause he came around, but we won't go back.

Date of visit: November 2017