Fairlawn Inn
Xenia Resort(Hunter)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Vienna(Windham)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bgazebo roomfire pitomelethunter mountainpool tablegourmet breakfastpancakesfrench toastfresh fruitclaw foot tubbeautiful antiquesold victorianthe main houseother guestsmy boyfriendgreat conversation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2011

My husband, son and I stayed at the Fairlawn Inn for one night so we could ski at Hunter Mountain. Chuck the Innkeeper is a wonderful person. The Inn is absolutely beautiful. We stayed in the Rasberry Room which was just charming, extremely comfortable and perfect for three people. I was impressed with the direction the Inn has taken to go green. Chuck recommended places in the area to eat and his recommendation was perfect. My family travels frequently during the year and over the years have stayed at numerous hotels, B&B's and Inns. This Inn is right up there with the best places we have stayed.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Ctomajko, Owner at Fairlawn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2011

Thank you for your kind words about the inn and the innkeeper. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will return often.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

I spent one night at the Fairlawn and mostly it was fine. It is an old Inn with creeky steps, sloping floors and lots of wood on the floors, walls and ceilings giving it plenty of character but making it just a wee bit dark for my liking. It also had a musty aroma. Upon arrival I opened the room door for a while and let some fresh air in which helped alot. We had an electric fireplace in our room but couldnt get it going and I didnt want to bother Chuck. It was cold though and our friends in the room next to us had the heat turned up in their room which warmed ours too. The bed was very comfy and cozy. I liked that we entered direct from outside and did not have to trapse through the house to access our room..kinda motel style on the second floor. A second key gave us access to the house through either the front door or a door down the walkway from our room.

Breakfast was indeed Chuck's specialty and he seemed to delight in making it and it was a delight to eat it. Although a bit brusk, Chuck really is warm and friendly and eager to please. After several email interactions, requesting a specific time of arrival, kinda hard to give since we were coming from Ithaca on Motorcycles and it was shortly after Irene with many road blocks, I gave him a half hour notice when we were close and added after all this, he should have beers waiting then clearly stated "this is a joke" since emails can be misinterpreted. HE HAD SIX beers on ice waiting for us upon arrival...and after balking at my request for coffee, earlier than he wanted to put it out...He had it waiting for me with 2 kinds of cream and sugar when I came down somewhere between 6:30 and 7. Breakfast was at 8. He is a big guy, teddy bear style....lots of bluff but soft and mushy. I know and can appreciate this personality well, as I am a little rough around the edges myself.
THANK YOU CHUCK for a most pleasant evening in a grand old house. Have fun at the auctions.

Room Tip: ask chuck for a recommendation
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rivernan
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We went here for Bluestock festival in August 2011, unfortunately during hurricane Irene. Chuck was a very welcoming innkeeper and during the hurricane he was very hospitable and went out of his way to make us feel comfortable, making our stay very enjoyable despite the hurricane. The inn itself is spacious and homely and well situated within Hunter, and the food is delicious. We would definitely return! David and Izzy.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2011

Chuck was the most wonderful Inn Keeper I have ever meet. Myself and 2 girl friends stayed here during the first Bluestock Fest. we had the most amazing time'' we lost power late Sat. night' Chuck was a great host he went way beyond making all his guest feel special. I so have a great story to tell about my time at the Fairlawn Inn'' thanks to Chuck.'' Peace and Love '' Melody Crawford Hendersonville NC

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2011

If you travel to Hunter, NY and don't stay at the Fairlawn Inn you missed the best B&B's in the Catskills. Recently there for our daughter wedding both families filled the Inn. Chuck, the proprietor provided a pleasant atmosphere in a beautifully kept Inn where the rooms are clean, well furnished and breakfast is not to be missed. We had a great time becoming part of a larger family, including Chuck. Hey Chuck, enjoy Key West and get some well deserved rest.
B&B