“The Best Breakfast!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hudson
The Croff House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 16 Hudson B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“The Best Breakfast!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed at the Croff House President's Day Weekend and I have to say, this was the BEST bed and breakfast I have ever stayed in. The room was great - the bathroom beautiful (I may even remodel my bathroom to be more like theirs!) and the bed was SO comfy (what a mattress! wish i knew what it was). I can't even begin to describe the breakfast - 3 courses! Amazing...the first day, I had a muffin with fresh strawberry preserves to start and I was blown away - so good! The afternoon tea and cookies was such a great addition too! I have been back not even a week and have been telling everyone I know what a great weekend trip it is (it's a short drive from Manhattan). I hope to be back soon! Hudson is LOVELY but this place really made the trip great! Russ & Duncan are EXCELLENT hosts - I cannot thank them enough for being so accommodating! We'll be back!!! :)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Russell G, Owner at The Croff House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 21 November 2014
What a fantastic weekend it was! And a fantastic review to go along with it - thanks a million! It was wonderful having you stay with us over the long holiday weekend. D was so happy that you enjoyed his new muffin recipe (and that it already got a mention in a review!). Thanks so much for "spreading the word" about The Croff House to your friends and family - we look forward to welcoming them to our inn. Of course we look forward to having you both back again, as well. Until then please accept our sincerest thanks and appreciation for such a great review!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Doylestown, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I was traveling on business to the area and came across Croff House on Tripadvisor. I was so fortunate to find this lovely B&B. Perfect location and a great restoration. I wish I had more time to enjoy the B&B and the surrounding area.

My room (Chase Suite) was very comfortable with a great bed, fireplace and fantastic bathroom. The shower is huge and has very modern amenities. You can tell Duncan and Ross care deeply that their guests are comfortable.

Duncan greeted me and took care of me during my stay. I took his recommendation to have dinner at Da|Ba which was also terrific and within walking distance. The main street in Hudson is within walking distance of the Croff House and the next time I'm in town I will allow more time to explore. I was up and out before breakfast, but they had coffee ready and a bowl of yogurt with blueberries fixed for me in the fridge.

I now have a place to stay in Hudson when I'm in the area on business. So grateful that there is a wonderful and safe place for a single female traveling in an unknown area.

Room Tip: I peeked into the rooms and they are all lovely. There is one room on the first floor while the res...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank DukeNC
What a sensational review! Thanks so much! We're glad you found us too and are so happy you felt safe, comfortable and well looked after during your short stay with us. You definitely need to come back to discover all that Hudson has to offer from the shops to the galleries to the restaurants. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Until then be well and much thanks!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

Warm and welcoming would describe both the innkeeper and Croff House B&B. Well appointed rooms with high end ammenities that were appreciated. The personally served multi-course breakfast was all made to perfection and highy enjoyed. Walking distance to all that Hudson has to offer. Check it out!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Thanks for the terrific review! It was so nice meeting you and having you stay with us. It's always nice to share stories and compare notes with fellow innkeepers. We're glad you enjoyed the inn and Hudson and much of what we have to offer. If you're looking for another overnight getaway in the future we hope you'll think of us. Again, thanks so much!
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

My husband and I go to a lot of B&B's and this was easily one of the best. An easy trip from the NYC area, even easier from Westchester, we arrived to find a beautifully redone home with fabulous amenities. Though we had the smallest room, the Edmonds, it was perfect and had the most comfy bed ever. The sense of care taken to make everything perfect was impossible to miss. The inn is immaculately clean. Turn down service included a note about the weather for the following day and a scented candle and matches with a note to take it home to remember our stay. How sweet!

While the inn is a tad chilly for me, kept at 67, I fully understand why. 12 foot (or so) ceilings must make it extremely hard to keep warm but electric heaters are in each room and ours was toasty in minutes. The fireplaces in the common rooms are ready to go at any time. Seriously, I cannot think of one things Russ and Duncan didn't think of. I forgot my make up remover and found make up remover clothes in the hospitality kit in the bathroom, along with some lovely high end toiletries. Give me high thread count sheets, pricey toiletries and a firm, yet soft, bed and I am in heaven.

Breakfast! What a treat. I was presented with a gluten-free muffin and I know another guest, who was lactose intolerant, had her dietaries needs attended to as well. What service! And all with a smile. From the muffin, to pineapple over yogurt with crystalized ginger to a delicious omelette with potatoes, everything was superb.

Even the crash of their instant hot water heater was treated quickly and professionally. The switch over to the old system was accomplished and we had hot water right after breakfast. These guys are on TOP of their game. Professional, courteous, welcoming and they have the good taste to live in a to-die-for Victorian next door. And I do mean to-die-for. Plus I hear through the grapevine (aka the local doggie boutique) that they are dog lovers (though no dogs allowed at Croff House) so that makes them even more cool in my book.

The town of Hudson is fabulous and easily could take 2 or 3 days to explore properly. Wonderful restaurants, who make use of local produce and meats, abound. Antique shops and coffee/tea shops are everywhere. This is one town I can see myself living in.

So, if you're thinking of a trip in Columbia County, choosing Hudson and Croff House will more than satisfy even the pickiest traveler.

Room Tip: Though our room (Edmonds) was on the small side, it was quite comfortable and perfectly fine for a w...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
It was so wonderful having you both with us and we can't thank you enough for the phenomenal review! We are so appreciative of guests who recognize all we do to make our guests' stay memorable from the breakfasts, to the amenities, to our services and hospitality. We're so happy you both enjoyed your stay and look forward to the day we can say "Welcome Back!" Until then our sincerest thanks!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

Beautiful bed and breakfast run by Russ and Duncan. The owners are really friendly, accommodating, and are great cooks (the food was awesome). The house itself and the rooms are gorgeous - the house's age gives it great character but everything is fully restored and modernized. Russ and Duncan are perfect hosts - very knowledgeable about the area, great recommendations of things to do and places to eat, very nice and engaging without being overbearing. Hudson is a nice little town with nice shops and great restaurants, and plenty of attractions in the area to make a stay of 2 or 3 days interesting and fun. Longer that that, you might get bored. If you're looking for a quiet weekend, this place is perfect.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked nice, but we stayed in the Chace Suite and loved it.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike O
We cannot thank you enough for the wonderful and glowing review! It was such a pleasure having you both stay with us between the Christmas and New Year's holidays and are glad that you were able to relax and enjoy yourselves. We so happy you enjoyed the inn and all the amenities we offer our guests that make a visit to The Croff House memorable. We wish you both all the best in 2012 and thank you so much once again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
1.0 km away
0.1 km away
The Inn at Hudson
The Inn at Hudson
#7 of 16 in Hudson

Been to The Croff House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK