“Holy portions!”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 26 November 2016

Came here for the 1st time ever last night for a dinner meal. It being Black Friday night, it was very quiet even during prime weekend dinner hours (about 7:30). For an appetizer we had the potato skins. Especially for the price, these were as good as any skins but enormous, consisting of basically 4 [almost] entire potatoes! The entrees were the chicken parm dinner and easily the biggest portion of food I have ever seen. A gigantic piece of chicken breast accompanied by literally about a full pound of spaghetti. For the entree we had the ahi tuna. Both dishes were very good and we wound up taking home 2 filled up to-go containers. All in all, one certainly gets their money's worth regarding portions. The server was very friendly and pleasant. The atmosphere overall was so-so at best and the bathroom could stand to be a little bit cleaner, though certainly not the worst I've seen. I was informed by a third party (uninvolved) that this place has been around for quite some time. A few improvements could be made here and there mostly regarding the ambiance. But all that being said, I would return here for another meal.

Reviewed 14 November 2016

Hopefully our experience is not the norm but we won't be back. Service was slow and not the friendliest. Biggest issue was the food quality restaurant response. I had the strawberry patch salad with chicken and walnuts. The Salad would have been good to great if not for the dry, old-tasting chicken. The flavor was so off-putting that I had to drench the salad in the balsamic dressing. Wife ordered a buffalo chicken wrap. Where do you order a wrap and get something that looks like a chimichanga because it was either deep fried or baked. Regardless, the lettuce in her wrap was slimy, the sandwich was supposed to come with cheddar cheese but it was actually gooey mozzarella. Also I ordered iced tea that tasted as if it was several days old. Even though we told the waitress that the wrap was not a described, nor did she each most of it, there was no offer to credit the bill just to give her something else. Never again.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

A cozy place, service was friendly but not fast. Food was ok, not bad but not memorable. Prices were average $10 plate. Free WiFi wasn't great, however we sat in the back section so that may have been the reason it was weak.

Reviewed 7 October 2016

At one point, Shades was the go-to pizzeria for West Point / Highland Falls. Sadly, they are now just average at best. We have ordered their pizza for group gatherings, but found it to be very expensive for bland-tasting pie. When going there (once only) for dinner, I had the spaghetti & meatballs. My bride had fettucini alfredo. The marinara sauce on the spaghetti tasted like it was straight out of a tomato sauce can. The alfredo tasted like poorly blended, non-spiced milk and flour. Their prices were more than Prima in Cornwall, without the "extras" (salad, garlic loaf) and the taste wasn't even close in comparison. Sadly, we probably will not be back again.

1  Thank Kevin R
Reviewed 7 October 2016

Schades delivers to WP cadets: they deliver on time, to certain locations. I have called in many an order, they always get it right and the cadets always appreciate it.
My dine-in experience was also good. I know some people sneer at the place but I went in expecting a pizza parlor so I was not disappointed. It is not fine dining, it is diner type food that is pretty good.
The server was very friendly.