“Traditional favorite”

Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 7 September 2015 via mobile

Shades is a WP staple. I love their pies. They have a lot of other food too...almost too big of a menu. If you're in the area, you can't go wrong with Schades.

Reviewed 15 June 2015 via mobile

Great friendly environment. Fast service. Awesome staff. Healthly portions of great food on a huge menu. Convenient to the Thayer Gate. Parking in front is metered, or you can park inside the gate and walk 3 minutes. Recommend!

Reviewed 15 June 2015

The location is perfect for visitors and cadets of the U.S. Military Academy. This restaurant is located in Highland Falls just outside the Thayer entrance to West Point. The menu is huge with plenty of variety and selections to please anyone's pallet. The prices are reasonable. My wife ordered the broiled salmon and was very happy with it and I had a huge chicken cacciatore, which was the best I had ever tasted. I commented to the waitress about the size of the portions and she explained that the restaurant caters to the needs of the military cadets, who naturally come to eat there with huge appetites.

Reviewed 7 April 2015

My family of seven was in Highland Falls as part of our visit and tour of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. My son-in-law remembered Schades from his time spent at the academy. The little mountain town was very sleepy on the Friday we were there. I think there were only a couple of other people in the restaurant.
Our waitress was very efficient at seating all of us together and getting everything set up quickly. The menu at Schades is amazing! For such a small place, the variety is great! There were choices for children and the servings were large. The quality of the food served to our family was wonderful and the portions were way on the large size! Schades serves alcoholic beverages, which was a treat for some of our adults. We were very happy with our lunchtime meal and would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone planning a visit up to West Point!

Reviewed 19 March 2015 via mobile

Great food in a casual atmosphere. Large portions. Good service. Will definitely go back next trip to West Point.