1,657 results
All reviewshorseback ridingsnow tubingfun barnpaddle boatsfamily resortpony ridesthe main lodgegirl scout weekendping pongbungee jumpinggreat family vacationall inclusive resortnightly entertainmentsingle parentshows at nightindoor poolbanana boat
Reviewed 29 July 2010

On July 27 my husband and 4 year old son visited the Rocking Horse Ranch. We were pleasently greeted at the front gate and that was the only person there who was nice to us.
We had a small mishap with our reservation and we were quoted a lower price over the phone, when we got to the front desk, they proceeded to tell us we were responsible for their telephone agents mistake and we would have to pay DOUBLE what we were originally quoted. After a lengthy discussion with the very snotty front desk girl we came to a small agreement and paid only slightly more than we were quoted (still not what should have been done) - not one manager came out to see what went wrong and not one apology was given to us for their mistake. Other than the extremely poor customer service we received - the ranch is beautiful and my 4 year old son had a blast on all of the water slides and in the pools. Food was pretty good. The rooms could use some updating and could have been a bit cleaner. The beds were horrible. Don't think I would pay that money again.

3  Thank YANKEES132
Reviewed 27 July 2010

The RHR is exactly what it advertises and more. The resort was far beyond what we expected. The cleanliness of the rooms, the lobby, the pools, and the dining areas are amazing. I can't say enough on the landscaping--- Beautiful!. 2 adults and 3 kids (1 in which is special needs) had an amazing vacation! We met many, many families who have been attending from 10, 15, 18+ yrs. That in itself explains it - we will be back!

1  Thank Danielle A
Reviewed 26 July 2010

We stayed at the ranch for 5 nights in July, over my son's 8th birthday. My husband (a Disney fanatic) was nervous about trying something new, but I convinced him to give it a try. I am so glad I did!

My kids (age 6 and 8) LOVED every second they were there. The rooms were clean and the bunk beds were a big hit. There were activities all the time that we all had fun with like a kid's "horse race", pool relay races, kayak races, cannonball contests, volleyball, etc. The BB Gun and Archery range was always staffed with a knowledgable person who took his time to teach the kids how to shoot. The wranglers were friendly and good with matching people to horses. The horses were clean and happy. There was even a baby horse, just a week old named Root Beer, who we got to meet during an evening barn tour!!

The ranch had nice tennis courts, bocce ball, wall ball, horseshoes, basketball, etc with really well cared for equipment. Kayaks were kid friendly. Fishing poles with release friendly hooks and bread to bait made for hours of fun for all of us. The banana boat rides were exciting, and my son even got some waterskiing lessons.

After 8 and before the evening show my family would hit the fun barn and play ping pong, climb the rock treadmill, and play in the air cannon area.

The evening shows were great for kids and adults. There was a bar for us, and the kids were called on stage numerous times during different shows to assist. Plenty of line dances for fun. Everyone was in bed by 10:30, completely exhausted.

One night we went out to see the singing cowboy by the bonfire. What a great guy! Really memorable.

The food was kid friendly and plentiful, with lots of choices. To tell the truth, it was better than most cruise lines serve. The wait staff was a little lacking, but slow coffee a few mornings doesn't both me much.

We'll be heading back this winter!!

2  Thank dawnshawn
Reviewed 24 July 2010

Our planned vacation for over 25 family members (young children, teenagers & adults) had hit a major roadblock at another resort. After leaving the other resort, we contacted RHR. Stan the GM, work quickly & digently to help us. Within a half hour we were heading to the RHR for our vacation. Stan greeted us at the door, staff checked us all in, the dining hall manager created 2 large tables for us to eat together for the week. The rooms were spotless, updated with comfortable beds. There was so much for the kids to do no matter what the age was. Whether riding the slide into the outdoor pool, fishing, kayaking, shooting hoops, bungee jumping, rock climbing, shuffle board or playing in the indoor pool area at night and of course horse back riding and different family shows at night. Everyday there was plenty of activites planned for all the family members. Most of all you could just relax at your free will. This is truly a family vacation resort!
A special "thank you" goes to Stan (GM) and everyone of the RHR staff, you saved our vacation! We cannot say this enough. We will be back next year! The Rocking Horse Ranch & Resort brochures & website are NOT misleading like others!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We stayed for the fri and sat night to celebrate my sons birthday, they brought him ballloons and ice cream cake, the hotel has a certain charm to it with it"s western theme, we were amazed by the amenities, there is just a tremendous amount to do there, for the entire family, the outdoor grounds are beautiful, there is a lovely lake with all sorts of water sports, The staff was very good, the rooms are older and dark but clean, but honestly you're just not in your room much, too much fun to be had! There is only to seatings for dinner, there are no late night snacks available, but there are fridges in the room so you can bring some snacks back to the room. The horses are all well fed and you dont smell them! The indoor water park is fantastic, my kids didnt want to leave they were having a blast, hotel is pricey , but will go back for sure!!