1,710 results
All reviews horseback riding snow tubing fun barn paddle boats family resort pony rides the main lodge ping pong girl scout weekend bungee jumping great family vacation nightly entertainment all inclusive resort single parent shows at night indoor pool banana boat
Reviewed 1 May 2016

This is a wonderful place for the family go for the weekend. While the rooms are very nice, you should not be spending much time there as there are so many activities for the entire family to enjoy. And then there is the food, which will be enjoyed as well.

1  Thank jjeremys
rockinghorseranch, General Manager at Rocking Horse Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

Dear Jjeremys;
We are glad to know you and your family enjoyed their time. With all of our 100+ activities, it is true that our guest rooms are for resting, not hanging. Thank you again and we hope to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

We just got back from our latest trip to Rocking Horse Ranch. This was our 5th trip in the last two years. We have already booked our next trip this October (15% off), plus bonus August 2 day trip (kids stay free + 15%). It is the greatest place to unwind for my wife and myself and our children. Everything about it is excellent, we really haven't found anything to complain about. We have gone each season and had a wonderful and unique experience each time. Our children have a collection of horses that they have named for some of the horses we have met. We are over 30 now.

How can I even rate RHR? It is no longer a vacation but a home away from home. I can't compare our experience at RHR with a visit to an amusement park or a cruise ( we often refer to RHR as a cruise on land with horses). We have made many friends among the staff and other guests. Our children have learned horseback riding , about nature and the love and care of animals. We have gone to every barn tour, watched the horses come in from pasture each morning and go out again each night, and seen the effort and love of the wranglers and staff. These are things that will remain with them for the rest of their lives and shape who they are. Where else would they get this, and how do you put a price tag on it?

When we arrived, we were greeted by Molly the bartender, who remembered us and treated us like old friends. The day camp staff is great and was thrilled to have our youngest son Thomas back again. Thanks to Patty, Claudia, Cindy, Taylor and the rest. Thanks to Steven and Kellie at the front desk for helping us out. Thanks to our waitress Julianna who was not feeling well but kept working and went above and beyond. A special thanks to everyone in the barn, especially Scott, TJ, Lucille, Jordan, Tom, Cathy, Erin, Jenn, Danielle, Patti, Abby, Shannon, and Mary who always went out of their way to help us. Special thanks to Brandon, who became a buddy to our son Peter (and the rest of us), inviting us to come to the rodeos he will be in this summer, and asking to come to one of Peter's baseball games. Going riding with him and the rest became more like hanging out with friends. Where else does this happen?

When we left, Mr. Steve Turk (the owner) gave us a hug and told us to contact him personally. Where else do these things happen and how do you rate it or put a price on it?

Peter Calabrese

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank PeterCalabrese
rockinghorseranch, Owner at Rocking Horse Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2016

Dear Peter;
It was great seeing you back at the ranch. We are so happy to have become your home away from home and that you have made many friends along the way, especially with our staff. The staff truly does appreciate the kind words in your review and your recognition of them.

A collection of over 30 horse, WOW! The kids are on their way to having their own Ranch!

We look forward to seeing you again in October.

Warm regards,
Steve Turk - Owner

Reviewed 29 April 2016

II took my 12 year old twins to RHR last week. Activities include horseback riding, fishing, banana boats, indoor water activities, hay rides, jugglers, magicians, bingo, newly renovated arcade and meals included. Tea and coffee 24/7. Great fun, always something to do. In warmer weather there is an outdoor pool and barbecues. Kids bunkbeds available.

Room Tip: I always stay in the main building because I need easy access to activities. Great rooms outside near Yaks and the playground.

Dear Wshng4,

Thanks for the rockin’ review of the ranch. We are glad the twins got to enjoy all we offer. Our outdoor heated pools opened up this weekend.

We hope to see you again soon.

Take care,

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

It was really the first trip I've ever taken with friends and family and the kids and the adults had the best time I can't wait to come back it was so much fun stuff was so nice Christine was Dynamite she was so helpful and sweet and I highly recommend it or coming back in August

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Joseph G
rockinghorseranch, General Manager at Rocking Horse Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2016

Dear Joseph;
1st times at the Ranch are special and create lasting memories. We are so glad you had a great time.

We look forward to welcoming you back in August.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2016

Overall, it was a fair experience. My biggest problem had to do with false advertising. We specifically planned our trip to be there for zip-lining which on the website and in our emails from RHR said it would be there until April 24th. I just got home and I doubled checked the date and in fact it listed April 24th as the last day for zip-lining. We arrived on April 23 at 3pm in time for a 4pm check in and we were told zip-lining ended that same day at 2pm. Had that been communicated anywhere we would have arrived that morning instead. Again, we purposely planned our stay totally focused on zip-lining and we were unable to take part. Very disappointing and left a poor impression overall.

Beyond that, the activities were fun enough for a 1 year old and an 8 year old. It was not super crowded so we never had to wait for anything, which was great.

Other things I like were the hotel staff, the wait staff, the food, the day care and the cleanliness.

The main highlight of the resort is horseback riding, of course. It was a pleasant experience in whole but many of the guides are super grumpy and intimidating. I witnessed them getting snappy with some of the children who were unable to stop the horse from eating the weeds. One warning they kept repeating, but didn't always enforce, was the distance between horses. My daughter's horse was bitten by the horse behind hers and her horse naturally reacted but it freaked her out enough that she didn't want to try it again. After she finally agreed she would try it again, she was nearly in tears because the horse behind her was once again on her horse's tail. I kept waiting for a guide to either correct the horse behind her or ask them to place her in front of me so she would feel safer but I never got the opportunity. I finally had to turn back and ask the lady behind my daughter to keep better spacing of her horse.

One other gripe I have is the room. They are very outdated. For the price we paid, I expected a better quality room. Also, there is no microwave in the room. I understand it's probably a safe measure from having everyone hoard food, but with younger kids it can be tricky. I had to warm my son's bottle in the sink under running hot water.

With my disappointments asides, the grounds are very nice and the main lobby is very cozy. The food is good and if you don't like something, there is likely a better option available to you.

We like to take family vacations and I was hoping this would be our go-to for the next couple years, but it's unlikely. There just wasn't enough of a wow factor to make it a top choice, but overall it was not a regrettable choice as we had a nice, fun family vacation and that's all that matters.

Room Tip: If you're going during cold season, ask for the main lodge.
2  Thank mara80
rockinghorseranch, Owner at Rocking Horse Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2016

Dear Mara80;

It was a pleasure speaking with you on the phone yesterday. I want thank you for your feedback it is most appreciated. We absolutely welcome guest to let us know any concerns they may have while staying with us. During our discussion, you acknowledged that you received a note in your room asking if you do have any concerns or problems, to please let either GM Kyle or myself the owner know. Kyle and I were both here the entire duration of your stay and would have loved to have met you personally. Once I read your comments, I realized that yes absolutely we were off by a day as to when the Zip lines were closing down. Again, as on the phone, I do apologize profusely for the error. But as I also mentioned, the new Mountain Tubing opened ahead of schedule (while you were here) and has proven to be an instantaneous hit with families.
Regarding our wranglers, they typically receive very nice compliments; their focus is to keep the ride fun and most importantly safe. I apologize for the grumpy perception. I have already spoken with Scott and TJ our managers. It is critical that our barn staff understand that the riding experience should be one that is unforgettable in an enjoyable way. Had I been made aware of your daughters fear, we of course would have made certain that her second ride had been a much better experience. We do not want children to walk away afraid of horses.

I would really like to have you come back again and to give us the chance to make RHR your top family vacation choice. As discussed, I will personally see to your reservation, please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Steve Turk