“2nd time twice as nice!!!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Highland
Rocking Horse Ranch Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Highland
Reviewed 7 December 2011

This is our second visit and my 9 yr old son and I had a blast!!!!! Horseback Riding, Bungee Jumping, Indoor pool, bingo, ping pong, toasting marshmallows, live animals exhibit, game show night, and on and on. The Fall harvest festival and wine tasting was tasty and plentiful.....

Only one negative, Steve the owner. Saw him several times throughout the weekend he never greeted anyone or asked how everything was going. Seemed to be preoccupied with being rude to his employees (who were attentive and excellent). Steve take notice, a friendly smile and hello can go a long way.

Room Tip: Main lodge on the first floor is close to everything but the rooms are smaller and it can be noisy...
3  Thank adventurem0m
rockinghorseranch, Owner at Rocking Horse Ranch Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2011

Hi Adventurem0m,

Thank you very much for returning to Rocking Horse.

I pride myself on being available and taking the time to meet with our guests. Please believe me, this is not typical for me.

Regarding the employee situation, I do apologize. I am a hands on owner who is involved in day to day operations. I take such pride in the Ranch and place high expectations on my management and staff that at times I may get caught up in the moment.

I sincerely hope you plan to visit us again. I promise to slow down, smile and meet with you personally.

Thank you for your comments, I take them very seriously.

Steve
Owner and President

Reviewed 27 November 2011

My stepdad passed away in Aug and my mom didn't just want to sit around the table for our first Thanksgiving without him. She planned this trip and I looked on the website to see what there was to do for my kids. Two girls 11 and 7. They seemed to have quite a few things listed, but even so, I felt they might be a little bored. Was I happily wrong! From the moment we checked in, until checkout, they were busy doing something. The staff goes above and beyond. There are scheduled activities all through the day, and plenty to do on your own. The indoor pool was great. We played softball, tennis, mini golf, rode paddleboats. They have bungee jumping and a rock climbing wall. An indoor play area, outdoor playground, pony rides for little ones and horseback riding for over 7yrs. We did not use the daycamp, but seemed like it was really nice. If there wasn't a particular scheduled activity we were interested in, we played board games in the main lobby by the fire, or wii in the game room.The shows at night were great! You will never go hungry and twice they had free wine tasting with a very nice spread of cheeses, bread, dips, chips etc It is like a cruise on land.. There is no way I could do this place justice, I will just say GO! Rocking Horse Ranch helped a family in mourning to have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I would definately go back, and hope you will try it too!

2  Thank Lori S
Reviewed 17 November 2011

An all inclusive family vacation that really helps you enjoy yourself. it has an indoor water park and amazing outdoor adventures including european bunjie, rock climbing, swimming and at night campfires with smores. I truly recommend this to...everyone.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Rocking Horse Ranch is one of the best family all inclusive get away. All activities are included horse back riding (as much as you want), food, pony rides, rifle range, etc.. The staff is very accommodating if you do not see ask for it.
Alcohol is not included. It is a family establishment.
Todd in the dining room very helpful.
Had an awesome stay!!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We were greeted as soon as we arrived with very good directions. We had a very easy and friendly check in. We booked our dinner times and riding times next. We went to our room with two double beds, a bunk bed(my daughter loves this) and large bathroom. No hairdryer but this was our 2nd trip so we just brought one with us. The food is beyond wonderful. Full breakfast, Lunch and dinner with snacks in between. The best part for us was the riding. The wranglers were great, giving great instruction and very friendly but our safety was always first. My daughter's favorite horse was Santa Fe and mine was Remington but all of the horses were great. We got 12 hours of riding in in 1 weekend, plus the pool, bon fire dancing and game shows. A definite return visit

Room Tip: Ask for the Main Lodge near the pool. There are lots of kids but everyone was respectful after hours...
1  Thank Lisa M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highland
8.7 km away
7.6 km away
Courtyard Poughkeepsie
Courtyard Poughkeepsie
#4 of 13 in Poughkeepsie

Been to Rocking Horse Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK