1,682 results
All reviews horseback riding snow tubing fun barn paddle boats family resort pony rides the main lodge girl scout weekend ping pong bungee jumping great family vacation all inclusive resort nightly entertainment single parent shows at night indoor pool banana boat
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We were greeted as soon as we arrived with very good directions. We had a very easy and friendly check in. We booked our dinner times and riding times next. We went to our room with two double beds, a bunk bed(my daughter loves this) and large bathroom. No hairdryer but this was our 2nd trip so we just brought one with us. The food is beyond wonderful. Full breakfast, Lunch and dinner with snacks in between. The best part for us was the riding. The wranglers were great, giving great instruction and very friendly but our safety was always first. My daughter's favorite horse was Santa Fe and mine was Remington but all of the horses were great. We got 12 hours of riding in in 1 weekend, plus the pool, bon fire dancing and game shows. A definite return visit

Room Tip: Ask for the Main Lodge near the pool. There are lots of kids but everyone was respectful after hours.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Visited for the first time last weekend with a group of friends. We were completly blown away by the manicured lawns, exotic plants, well laid our paths and the exceptional cleanliness of the place. Although there were many guests, at no time did we feel crowded. What a great place for families, the kids and parents were having a fun time enjoying the many activites, including ball fields, tractor rides and of course the indoor pool. There is even a beginner ski slope with snowmakers for winter fun.
Enjoyed watching those magnificient horses crossing the street to their evening pasture. It is a good feeling to see how well these beautiful animals are loved and cared for here.
We enjoyed a drink at the bar followed by a delicious meal in the large dining room and WOW the desserts! The staff, no matter where, were always friendly, courteous, eager to please and made us feel at home.
The haunted house was quite an experience. Although Washingon Irvings "Headless Horseman" roams the woods a number of miles and across the Hudson River from Rocking Horse Ranch it is conceivable that his relatives are haunting the fields of Highland NY.
Hoping to have our ski club enjoy a few days here come the spring

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank 843ChrisB
Reviewed 28 October 2011

hi, just got back. this place is amazing .spotless,113 horses.,u can ride as many times as you like.. stable tours..really fun.. private zoo, all you can eat, the haunted house cool scary,.,indoor warer park, spa, lounge ,wine tasting.free passes for apple picking ,great service.. all inclusive . my grandchildren 3 and 6 didnt want to leave
booked for next year halloween. i highly reco this amazing place and know it will be my new fall vacation for years to come... cant wait to go back..reverend francine decicco

Room Tip: get the bunk beds kids will love it..
Reviewed 26 October 2011

RHR has become a family tradition and we've been going every year. The staff go out of their way to ensure that your stay is memorable, from booking the reservation to the minute we left, there was not one person who was not willing to do whatever was necessary to make it a wonderful weekend. RHR is the most family friendly resort I have seen and I do travel extensively. I am always impressed with what the price actually includes. The trail ride on Sunday morning was breath taking and I am thrilled to say that my 7yr old and I could experience her first trail ride together at RHR. The rooms are spacious and clean and the pending updates will make them even better, although we spent very little time in the room. we have 2 trips booked to return and look forward to more memories at this wonderful place.

1  Thank Liz L
Reviewed 26 October 2011

My kids are second generation Rocking Horse Ranchers. I have such fond memories of the place growing up that I want my kids to have the same experience.
We jut returned from our 7th annual trip and cannot say enough good things about RHR. Our group keeps growing and it's all due to the wonderful experiences we have there. The are many activities to participate in, i.e., horseback riding, indoor water park, campfire, pie eating contest. Yes, it sounds hooky, but the laughs and enjoyment are plentiful! One of my favorite activities is to watch the horses turn out in the evening. It's beautiful sight!
The place is very kid friendly and very safe. The kids can have their freedom there to go to the lake, bungee jumping, etc. There is always staff around to help with the activities.
The food is surprisingly good. Three meals a day with all the obligatory children's choices as well as adult choices. There was a wine tasting event the when we were there - YUM!
The staff is very helpful. Dealing with groups our size is challenging. Whether it's making reservations or accommodating a need, the staff makes it seem effortless. They are unbelievable!
I cannot say enough good things about Rocking Horse. Just go and experience the fun for yourself!
and accommodating everyone seems effortless

Room Tip: Rooms in the main lodge are most desirable. Especially on the 2nd floor so you don't hear people above you.
1  Thank Linda P