“Quantity and Quality ”

Gateway Diner
Ranked #10 of 42 Restaurants in Highland
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner on our way home to Dutchess County. What a great experience! The chef salad was delicious and fresh. I was able to take some home for the next days lunch. We also had the moussaka and Greek pie. Again , delicious and enough for two meals. Great selection and staff. I think we found our new go to diner. We’ll pay the $1.50 for the bridge. It was well with it!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 7 May 2018

If quantity trumps quality, this may be your restaurant. Our large plate of inexpensive nachos were store bought, not microwaved, but tasted like it. Salad was huge, but limp with toppings from a jar . . . or can? Who knows. Hamburger was big with a huge plate full of “plastic bag” processed fries. Hey, if that’s your thing who am I to judge?

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Service is always wonderful. Ordered the Roast Beef Club. Always a great meal. Soup is wonderful. Prices are very reasonable. Great local diner.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018

no matter what you have in this diner you will not be disappointed, I love going here , from eggs to a dinner is great. they have great seafood also. the service is good and they doin't try to push you out, even their coffee is excellent.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 6 January 2018

My coworker and I decided to stop for lunch. Lately, my diner experiences have been far from great. This place is everything a diner should be. The waitress is friendly and most importantly, her boss did not mind lending a helping hand with coffee, drinks, conversation with the customers, and taking orders. Something, I haven't seen in a long time. We were very impressed. They have a great variety of food selections and accommodate request, if possible. Great staff and great food! We will definitely return!

Date of visit: January 2018