Fairfield Inn Rochester South
Red Roof
US$ 151
US$ 144
US$ 66
All reviewsroom was cleanfront deskmodern furnishingsnice breakfastdecent place to staycomplimentary breakfastyogurtkey cardmicrowave and coffee makernight's sleepample parkingchoose this hotelthe wi fihave stayed here several timesroom doorstayed here for one nightlots of restaurants
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We have stayed here 3 times en route to another destination. The most recent of these short one-night stays was in December.

The Fairfield Inn is a new, clean hotel with bright décor and a friendly staff. The hotel is not a direct drive off of the Interstate but it is no more than a five minute drive from the exit. I would recommend getting detailed directions from the hotel staff or using a GPS device or map. Once you get off the interstate, the hotel is far enough away that you cannot rely on sight to get there. There are at least three turns involved and it is not immediately clear you’re heading the right way unless you have solid directions, especially at night. Please don’t let that scare you off – it is simple enough to get there but not as straightforward as “turn left and you will see it on your right” if you’re coming from the Interstate.

There are several other hotel chains around the Fairfield Inn. In fact, it is right next door to the Comfort Inn. On the night we were there, there were very few cars in the parking lot and the front desk clerk was able to give us a good deal on the room rate. This is not always the case when you’re traveling in this area, since there are several colleges and universities surrounding Rochester. When we have stayed here in the past, this hotel and the others around it have always been full to capacity, so if you’re travelling during a peak school time (move in day, graduation etc) it is best to call ahead and make a reservation if you’re on the road already, just to make sure they have a room.

The room itself was clean and updated and there are black, white and green accents throughout the hotel and the room itself. There was a small white refrigerator in our room during our most recent stay. This seemed like a new addition because it was set out in a corner of the room and not built into a piece of furniture as mini-refrigerators usually are.

Breakfast is included in the room rate and includes hot and cold cereals, Belgian waffles, eggs, sausages, breads, yogurts, juices and milk. There is a Tim Hortons close by as well as several gas stations. Check in is quick and the front desk staff is very friendly and professional. The rooms are moderately sized although the bathroom is a little on the smaller side. This is our "go to" hotel choice in the Rochester area whenever we are passing through.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank travel_gnome33
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last 3 months. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. Check in was great, fast service by the Hotel manager who's name escapes me but she was very welcoming and friendly. The breakfast room was large and roomy and served a hot breakfast which is a bonus in its self. It was very close to all amenities, malls and restaurants. Over all a great experience when stopping for a night or two!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed here on a trip on the NYS Thruway. The check-in was speedy with excellent service. The clerk asked if we needed a restaurant list, pointed out how best to exit the property (the road outside isn't friendly, use the back exit).

The room was clean, beds very comfortable, room quiet even though we were on the side towards the Thruway.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Had a bright, clean room which was a bit on the small side but very comfortable. Friendly and helpful staff. Nice breakfast room.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I am a Marriott Rewards member, so I usually love Marriott brand hotels - this hotel did not live up. I walked in at 3pm and had to wait for 10 minutes for someone to finally come and answer the bell and my yelling "hello". 2 employees finally arrived and said "what do you want?" I said I had to wait for 10 min, their responded with "so what". I continued by asking what the rate on the room was and if there was any specials for Marriott Marquis members - they both said "what is that." I said "Marriott Rewards" they returned with "no way, never". I finally had enough of their attitude and left. I figured if I did check in, they would have given me the worst room in the hotel. So I went down to Country Inn next door.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Teddc
ROCMarriott, Manager at Fairfield Inn Rochester South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us at the Fairfield Inn South. In our continuing efforts to determine how well we are meeting our guests expectations, we appreciate hearing from you. Guest feedback, whether positive or negative, is an important tool in providing quality guest service.

Our mission is to "Impress the Guest", and in your case we failed to do that with your reservation for the night of August 11th. We value your business and appreciate the chance to address your concerns. We hope you will afford us another opportunity to show you that what you experienced is not indicative of the quality service we at Fairfield Inn South provide to our guests.