New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Henrietta
Vermont
“a great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed here on a trip on the NYS Thruway. The check-in was speedy with excellent service. The clerk asked if we needed a restaurant list, pointed out how best to exit the property (the road outside isn't friendly, use the back exit).

The room was clean, beds very comfortable, room quiet even though we were on the side towards the Thruway.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Had a bright, clean room which was a bit on the small side but very comfortable. Friendly and helpful staff. Nice breakfast room.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

I am a Marriott Rewards member, so I usually love Marriott brand hotels - this hotel did not live up. I walked in at 3pm and had to wait for 10 minutes for someone to finally come and answer the bell and my yelling "hello". 2 employees finally arrived and said "what do you want?" I said I had to wait for 10 min, their responded with "so what". I continued by asking what the rate on the room was and if there was any specials for Marriott Marquis members - they both said "what is that." I said "Marriott Rewards" they returned with "no way, never". I finally had enough of their attitude and left. I figured if I did check in, they would have given me the worst room in the hotel. So I went down to Country Inn next door.

Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Teddc
ROCMarriott, Manager at Fairfield Inn Rochester South, responded to this review, 18 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us at the Fairfield Inn South. In our continuing efforts to determine how well we are meeting our guests expectations, we appreciate hearing from you. Guest feedback, whether positive or negative, is an important tool in providing quality guest service.

Our mission is to "Impress the Guest", and in your case we failed to do that with your reservation for the night of August 11th. We value your business and appreciate the chance to address your concerns. We hope you will afford us another opportunity to show you that what you experienced is not indicative of the quality service we at Fairfield Inn South provide to our guests.
ontario canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stayed here one night on our way from Canada to Boston. Very pleased with our stay. Hotel was very well kept - inside and out. Lots of restaurants nearby and just a few minutes to get us back on New York Thruway. We arrived a little early and had requested a fridge be put in our room. The front desk was very friendly and helpful. She had us wait just a few minutes while she went to the room to make sure it was ready and the fridge was there. Very quiet at night. All in all worked out great. We definitely would stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Syracuse
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2010

Great Location provided you don't need to go to downtown Rochester. Clean room, friendly staff, great value. The best part of staying at this hotel is they give you a small basket of goodies. Free breakfast is also a plus, for lunch or dinner there are a bunch of restaurants down the street. Anytime I am staying in Rochester,usually 10 or more nights a year, I will stay here. The only bad comment I have is that I cannot connect wirelessly with my laptop, but that seems to be my laptop problem, they do have a wired connection available in the room.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business