All reviews strong hospital west wing an on site restaurant indoor pool exercise equipment mini fridge comfortable rooms worked fine check in was quick lots of parking nys thruway low price hot tub shower head convenient location restaurants and shopping rochester area
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Old, out-dated and stinky.
Lots of noise transfer between rooms. Very bouncy and echo-y floors. Plenty of hot water, sucks to be you if you need cold water though. Be prepared for a trip back to 1975! Enjoy the nostalgia at the sunken bar from your worn-out office chair that shares its stuffing with you as it threatens to rip you over backwards.
Old, saggy mattress encourages togetherness, as the hollow in the middle is hard to stay out of. Linens were clean, towels were nice and absorbent, but the sheets were too small for the bed. The hotel as a whole was as clean as you can get it, but the oldness wins that battle. Friendly staff.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alys E
JaniceE93, Manager at RIT Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Hello,

This is not a canned response as I personally want you to know we are working to address the issues you mentioned. Of course we are very disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations but do appreciate you taking the time to provide us the feedback. If you would like to discuss your stay further or have further feedback, please contact my office directly at 585-359-7760.

My hope is that you watch the progress that we make in the improvements to the facility and give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

Respectfully,

K. William Gunther, Managing Director

Reviewed 18 August 2018

This hotel needs a major upgrade. The staff was good. The ice machines were scarce. The place was not that clean. The restaurants did not look great (we did not eat in them) The price of the room was very good but not worth it. When we go back we will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Irish T, Front Office Manager at RIT Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear MchAwk82,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your recent stay. I am very sorry that several issues combined made your stay less than desirable. Our endeavor is to offer a pleasant and comfortable stay to all our guests and we are very disappointed that this was not the case during your stay. Rest assured, we are continuously working to improve in order to address the concerns you mentioned.

We hope your travels will bring you back to our door in the future so we may provide you with a more satisfying experience.

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately though, the rooms are dark, dated and musty. The cleaning staff does the best they can because the rooms weren’t necessarily dirty, just old and worn. Our room did have a bad odor and there were water stains on the ceiling. I would not stay here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear MLVCJJ25,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us identify the areas we can improve. We are very sorry to hear that your stay was overall not what you were expecting. I assure you that your feedback is invaluable to us as we strive to always improve our property and our service. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with a more desirable stay.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

It was a good place to stay if you didn't get a fire alarm in the middle of the night.
It happened twice while we stayed in one week. Maybe we are the lucky one.
There was no apologies or refund when we checked out.
We are very disappointed by not having any apologies.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
RITInn-GuestServices, Front Office Manager at RIT Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear Ken,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are very disappointed to hear that the fire alarm negatively affected your stay. The safety and security of our guests is our top priority and it is very unfortunate when guests have to evacuate in the event of a fire alarm. We are very sorry for this inconvenient situation. We tried to apologize to all of our guests and we are sorry we have missed you.

Be assured that our team strives every day to do everything possible to make each of your stays fully satisfactory.

Please let me know the next time you are staying with us and I will personally ensure you have a pleasant stay with us.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

We came to the area to visit family and based on the way the RIT Inn and Conference Center presented itself online, this seemed like a good place to stay. It is not. Immediately upon entry the smell was overwhelmingly unpleasant - q stale, cheesy foot smell is really strong in the (horribly outdated and grungy) hallways and the rooms are only modestly better with regards to smell. Our room was not particularly clean - there were visible hairs on the bathroom floor and I kept getting hairs on my feet that were really long and half white and half black (obviously not matching anyone in our group and hard to miss). The carpets are really old and compressed and do not feel nice to walk on. The furniture is old and worn. The bedding was really wrinkled, the sheets are thin and torn, and the pillows are small and not of a good quality. The peripheral things had not been dusted recently - tops of bed headboards, alarm clock, etc. - and I'm pretty sure I see pubic hair on top of the sockets by the bed. The TVs have limited channels and wouldn't work right on a couple of occasions. Worst of all, the toilet overflowed so badly that it went through the bathroom wall and into the room itself making the carpet wet. We asked to change rooms but nothing else was available in this hotel. The pools looked nice and the kids were looking forward to using them. It is saying a lot that they were in the pool for less than ten minutes before saying they wanted to leave. The outdoor pool was really cold (its late July) and the indoor pool was really chaotic, loud and dirty. There were chunks of hair floating in the water and my 8 year old complained that it was so cloudy he couldn't see his hand in front of his face with his goggles on - at least I think that is what he said, I could hardly hear him even inches from my face. It also just wasn't safe even though there was a life guard trying to manage the situation - there were too many kids jumping into the pool really close to other kids that were swimming and there was so little shallow area that it was overwhelming for my 5 year old because there was little space free in the crowded area where she could come close to touching. While I have been sitting here in the room typing something bit me on my ankle. I am really looking forward to checking out.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Irish T, Front Office Manager at RIT Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to learn about the concerns you encountered during your stay with us. What you have described is certainly not reflective of the experiences and impressions we wish to provide and we apologize that your time with us fell short of meeting your expectations.

If your time allows, we would like to contact you directly so that we can extend our personal apologies. We invite you to forward your contact information and a convenient time that we may reach you to citicc@rit.edu. Once more, we thank you for your feedback and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

citicc@rit.edu