“A fabulous place to be raised and raise your family”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Greenville
Sunny Hill Resort and Golf Course
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 22 November 2011

A small back story-
Thirty-five years ago, my family started their yearly treks to the catskills. My mother was in her late teens, at the time. They would go on vacation with a big group of people, the 3-H as they called themselves, a group of friends who would go to dinner and dancing, vacation and enjoy alcoholic libations together. My great grandmother was a founding member of this group. When the all the children grew up and got married, they joined the group and so on and so on.

It was 3 years of vacations before they found Sunny Hill. It was perfect- golf, the lake, the pool, shuffle board. As the original members of the group aged, they still came and the younger ones took their place causing mayhem. When i was 5 years old, i made my first memorable trip to Sunny Hill. It was there that I met my dearest and oldest friend, whose parents had joined the group, the only outsiders at the time.

Every Labor Day Weekend, our families made the trek up. As we got older, some of us didn't make it because or work or school, and i was no exception. I had managed to go spend a day there a few times since high school, but this past year, I made the journey up with my grandmother, now 5 quarters of an hour old, and my 2 year old daughter. Though the place has changed is focus, now on the children and families, less on the older folks and activities of days in he past, i still felt welcome. I still felt loved and Gary, Wayne and Gail still knew who i was.

I cannot wait to watch my daughter grow up there. She is the 5th generation, we can't stop going now.

Room Tip: everywhere is nice, just keep in mind you will walk a lot more in the allendale and parchester
1  Thank elphie723
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Sunny Hill Resort and Golf Course

Reviewed 13 October 2011

I adored this simple, clean, well organized, relaxation resort. Very nice family runs it. I'd go back in a heartbeat! Lots of family fun and quiet relaxation. Beautifyl views!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank deepage
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Back again from another fabulous Columbus Day weekend in Sunnyhill. As usual...everything was wonderful, the rooms, the staff, the food, the entertainment and activities. So much to do in such a limited amount of time...but the best part is how it ALL gets done. Whether it's the kids fishing while the adults play cards lakeside, or dancing the night away in the hall while the kids play manhunt and capture the flag with old and new friends. The many playgrounds, shuffle board, tennis and paddle ball courts provide the kind of good ole' fashioned play that we have all forgotten about. Sunnyhill is the kind of vacation I know I want my family to have, where my kids are OUTSIDE playing, running and laughing and making memories that will last them a LIFETIME!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SunnyhillerJeannieC
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We go every Fall just for the weekend. We really enjoyed the helicopter rides. I really appreciated that everyone was accommodated even those on the waiting list! It truly was a great experience..thanks Sunny Hill :) My children were busy non-stop. In fact my daughter cried in hysterics upon our departure. She didn't do that at big time attractions on other trips. My children are ages 3.5 and 15 months, played in the Splash Pad, pool, playgrounds, fed the goats Cheerios, experience a row boat on Lake Loree, Just for Fun Rides, Dances both nights and of course ringing the bell for meals. My daughter would drop everything just to ring the bell...definitely a Sunny Hill thing that no other place has. At the dances at night, bring your own snacks and beverages..although there is a snack bar open as well for purchase. Sunny Hill has day trips as well. My husband enjoyed golfing. We stayed in the Austland. We have previously stayed in the Parkchester (too far of a walk for me with a young child) and Country Squire. Austland is definitely my favorite! As far as meals, we had no issues and enjoyed the home cooking. It's not fancy..no dressing up required which is great with kids! There were also two choices at lunch and dinner with one "kid option". This forced my children to eat what was provided. We also brought yogurt and snack for our kids. We had a refrigerator in the room. Sunny Hill is a place where returning guests come every year and in groups. However, if your not in a group, there are always kids running around and all guests are friendly. I also appreciate the gratuity guide for housekeeping and wait staff...It's helpful and not that expensive. Prior to leaving, we booked for next Sept. 2012!

1  Thank Tbrinkmann
Reviewed 26 September 2011

My family and I just came back from an Adventure Weekend at Sunny Hill Resort. My children ages 8 & 5 flew around the Catskill Mountains in a helicopter, climbed a rock wall, and took rides in Army Vehicles. It was one of the best weekends that we have ever had. There is nothing better than having family time that creates memories that last a lifetime. You cannot beat the price and the service. This is a must do....

Room Tip: There are many different size rooms. Call Sunny Hill and let them help you find the right room for...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
19.6 km away
Catskill Mountain Lodge
#1 of 1 in Palenville
12.2 km away
Blackhead Mountain Lodge and Country Club

Been to Sunny Hill Resort and Golf Course? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK