“Columbus Day 2011”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Greenville
Sunny Hill Resort and Golf Course
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Greenville
Commack, New York, United States
“Columbus Day 2011”
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Back again from another fabulous Columbus Day weekend in Sunnyhill. As usual...everything was wonderful, the rooms, the staff, the food, the entertainment and activities. So much to do in such a limited amount of time...but the best part is how it ALL gets done. Whether it's the kids fishing while the adults play cards lakeside, or dancing the night away in the hall while the kids play manhunt and capture the flag with old and new friends. The many playgrounds, shuffle board, tennis and paddle ball courts provide the kind of good ole' fashioned play that we have all forgotten about. Sunnyhill is the kind of vacation I know I want my family to have, where my kids are OUTSIDE playing, running and laughing and making memories that will last them a LIFETIME!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank SunnyhillerJeannieC
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed 27 September 2011

We go every Fall just for the weekend. We really enjoyed the helicopter rides. I really appreciated that everyone was accommodated even those on the waiting list! It truly was a great experience..thanks Sunny Hill :) My children were busy non-stop. In fact my daughter cried in hysterics upon our departure. She didn't do that at big time attractions on other trips. My children are ages 3.5 and 15 months, played in the Splash Pad, pool, playgrounds, fed the goats Cheerios, experience a row boat on Lake Loree, Just for Fun Rides, Dances both nights and of course ringing the bell for meals. My daughter would drop everything just to ring the bell...definitely a Sunny Hill thing that no other place has. At the dances at night, bring your own snacks and beverages..although there is a snack bar open as well for purchase. Sunny Hill has day trips as well. My husband enjoyed golfing. We stayed in the Austland. We have previously stayed in the Parkchester (too far of a walk for me with a young child) and Country Squire. Austland is definitely my favorite! As far as meals, we had no issues and enjoyed the home cooking. It's not fancy..no dressing up required which is great with kids! There were also two choices at lunch and dinner with one "kid option". This forced my children to eat what was provided. We also brought yogurt and snack for our kids. We had a refrigerator in the room. Sunny Hill is a place where returning guests come every year and in groups. However, if your not in a group, there are always kids running around and all guests are friendly. I also appreciate the gratuity guide for housekeeping and wait staff...It's helpful and not that expensive. Prior to leaving, we booked for next Sept. 2012!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Tbrinkmann
Hicksville, New York
Reviewed 26 September 2011

My family and I just came back from an Adventure Weekend at Sunny Hill Resort. My children ages 8 & 5 flew around the Catskill Mountains in a helicopter, climbed a rock wall, and took rides in Army Vehicles. It was one of the best weekends that we have ever had. There is nothing better than having family time that creates memories that last a lifetime. You cannot beat the price and the service. This is a must do....

Room Tip: There are many different size rooms. Call Sunny Hill and let them help you find the right room for...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 13 September 2011

The Nicholsen family first opened their farmhouse to guests in 1920, and today this top notch family and golf resort hosts over 300 guests, with breathtaking views of the northern range of the Catskill Mountains. The wide array of guest services, day trips and other day and evening activities is beyond belief, including many for children. And if you're a golfer, this is the place for you, with a superb course. I first came here in the early 1950's, and it has just gotten better since. Now I frequently visit for the fine fishing in Lake Loree and their farm ponds. The Nicholsens make every guest feel like family. You can visit this wonderful resort at www.sunnyhill.com.

Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Hilton, New York
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Mike and I want to take the time to thank you from the bottom of our heart for the WONDERFUL time we had at your resort. It was everything you said it was, but oh so much more. Our whole group loved it too and can’t stop talking about it.

Where have we EVER vacationed where we felt so special and welcome? It honestly felt like we were the only guests you had, but what a surprise when we walked into the Sunny Hill dining room and joined 389 other guests! From talking to other golfers and vacationers who have been coming for years and years, we were the “newbies” on the block, but we fit right in!

The golf course was challenging and we loved it and the rooms and pool were great, too. Most importantly – you, Gary, Diane, Stephanie, Dave & Ray made us feel very special. Every one of them treated us like family (no, better than family LOL). It felt like we’ve known them for years. We had such a great dinner with Diane & Stephanie Saturday night and I know they’d worked so hard all day because they’d served us breakfast at 7:00 that morning!! (if only I had their energy). They were a lot of fun and seem to work so well together.

You are blessed, Kevin to have such a great staff and they are blessed to have you! It was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience, which we hope to enjoy again and again in the future!! See you at the Golf Show – and tell everyone hi and thank you again so much.
Sandy & Mike

Room Tip: Thunderhart Lodge on the Thunderhart golf course was wonderful for couples.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank slr135
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
38.1 km away
14.8 km away
Best Western New Baltimore Inn
Best Western New Baltimore Inn
#1 of 2 in West Coxsackie

Been to Sunny Hill Resort and Golf Course? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK