We go every Fall just for the weekend. We really enjoyed the helicopter rides. I really appreciated that everyone was accommodated even those on the waiting list! It truly was a great experience..thanks Sunny Hill :) My children were busy non-stop. In fact my daughter cried in hysterics upon our departure. She didn't do that at big time attractions on other trips. My children are ages 3.5 and 15 months, played in the Splash Pad, pool, playgrounds, fed the goats Cheerios, experience a row boat on Lake Loree, Just for Fun Rides, Dances both nights and of course ringing the bell for meals. My daughter would drop everything just to ring the bell...definitely a Sunny Hill thing that no other place has. At the dances at night, bring your own snacks and beverages..although there is a snack bar open as well for purchase. Sunny Hill has day trips as well. My husband enjoyed golfing. We stayed in the Austland. We have previously stayed in the Parkchester (too far of a walk for me with a young child) and Country Squire. Austland is definitely my favorite! As far as meals, we had no issues and enjoyed the home cooking. It's not fancy..no dressing up required which is great with kids! There were also two choices at lunch and dinner with one "kid option". This forced my children to eat what was provided. We also brought yogurt and snack for our kids. We had a refrigerator in the room. Sunny Hill is a place where returning guests come every year and in groups. However, if your not in a group, there are always kids running around and all guests are friendly. I also appreciate the gratuity guide for housekeeping and wait staff...It's helpful and not that expensive. Prior to leaving, we booked for next Sept. 2012!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunny Hill is a 600-acre, all-inclusive, family resort, set in the picturesque Great Northern Catskills. Many of our guests are friends and families who return year after year to commemorate a special tradition, celebrate an annual event or simply relax and unwind amid the splendor of nature. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sunny Hill Resort And Golf Course Catskills Hotel Greenville
- Sunny Hill Hotel Course Catskills
- Sunny Hill Resort And Golf Course Greenville, NY - Catskill Region