“A Taste of NYC”

Ben’s Delicatessen Restaurant & Caterers
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Greenvale
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Deli
Description: To some, delicatessen is something you put between two slices of bread. To me, it's a calling. I am committed to preserving the traditional cuisine of my Eastern European heritage, amidst all that's required to operate a modern restaurant. This is our pledge, from the Ben's family to you: Fresh food, freshly prepared and courteously served in a clean, well-maintained restaurant faithfully observing the Kosher dietary laws. I urge you to bring anything less to my personal attention by calling 1-888-344-BENS or filling out my "Ask Ronnie" form and submitting it with your questions or comments. Your complete satisfaction is our goal. Any concerns will receive my prompt attention. Ronnie Dragoon - Owner
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Ben’s offers delicious deli sandwiches as their specialty but don’t overlook the other offerings. We do love a good corned beef sandwich which is a mile high and a potato knish, but we also ordered the fruited noodle pudding and it was delicious. The soups are yummy and they offer several specials each day.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

High up on my list of things that make me happy is a good pastrami samdwich, and despite its shortfalls, I’ve alws enjoyed one at Ben’s. Yesterday’s so-called pastrami at Ben’s was an abomination. It was sort of an afterthought of what to do with left over corned beef. Sort of like over cooked corned beef, rubbed with spices and thrown back in the oven for an hour. I know my pastrami and that was about a 3 on the 1-10 pastrami scale. Sad that it’s becoming harder and harder to get decent pastrami. I also resent their stuffing the sandwich at the cut edge leaving 1/3 of the bread empty. I think that Ben’s has been infected with industrial chain restaurant disease. No resemblance to the delis of yesterday.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Very clean, wonderful and attentive staff, and delicious food. We all loved the coleslaw and pickles they give you before you order. They did not slim down on the corned beef sandwich, it was overstuffed and tasted very good. The sliders tasted good with the fried onions and horseradish dressing. The chicken soup came with a large matza ball. Overall the service was quick and the food was well liked by all.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Ben's is the best kosher deli on the planet. The food is amazing. The cold cuts are made on premises and are top quality. Their roast beef is amazing...always rare.

My Favorites at Ben's (Not in particular order)

Fried Krepach
Stuffed Derma
Prime Rib
French Fries

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Lovely old fashioned establishment, great food and staff will definitely return!

Try the hot brisket sandwich

and cabbages stuffed with meatballs- delicious!